Worried
Good day to all of you. I have found this statemenent ''HBsAg will be detected in an infected person’s blood an average of 4 weeks (range: 1–9 weeks) after exposure to the virus''..on the official cdc site.May I ask,does this mean that if someone is hbsag negative after 9 weeks he is defenately not curentely infected with hbv virus?
9 weeks after what? Exposure to hbv? How would he know? If he tested HBsAg negative, then at the time of testing he is not infected.
Well...everybody say that after the infection the body takes time to produce antibodies or antigens,so there is a window period the cdc have that statement...my question is...if this statement means that when someone is hbsag negative 9 weeks after his last possible exposure is defenitive negative.
I may be splitting hair here. My point is how can he be sure that he was infected?
If you were infected, then the infection may be acute (lasting at most 1 year), or chronic (last for a very long time). CDC's statement refers to the case of infection.
How can you be sure that it was a possible infection but not an actual infection? I don't know, may be test again after a few months.
I believe that the actual meaning of a test is to determine if you are infected or not. CDC states that when a person is infected the his body will produce the hbsag antigen in a range of 1-9 weeks after the infection.That means,if I am right,that you can exclude acute hbv if after 9 weeks you are hbsag negative.My question is...am I understanding that statement of 1-9 weeks right? or this means something else? In simple words...is the window period for hbsag testing 9 weeks or it is not?
I don't know, I guess to be sure, you test again after a few weeks or months, then you can exclude infection.
To exclude acute infection, you have to wait after 1 year to be sure.
ok..i see...thank you for your help then.Take care!