Hepatitis B Community
Worrying about having the HBV or HCV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Worrying about having the HBV or HCV

Dear all,

Please advise me I had a protected sex with massage worker, she catch my penis before put the condom, two kiss on cheek and lips. this was in the 16 august, after 24 day I took HBV antigen test and HCV anti-body tests all was negative.

Another Question: I lived two week before with one who's test HBV positive and I drink by mistake from his glass and slept on his bed is that will put me in the risk to catching the virus

Please advise me.

Thanks.
hbv is cleared by immune system on adults, it gets chronic only at birth or for adults with damaged immune system (drug addicts or patients using drugs that damage immune system), so nothing to worry about hbv anyway and if you are paranoic about it just get hbv vaccine

hcv is transmitted only by blood injection not by sex, the main route of transmission is in poor healthcare settings which are common in US, infact hcv is very common in US.there is no hcv vaccine but as long as you stay away from healthcare settings and dentists you are safe
Thank you very much,

Can I ask another question if the virus enter any body will the antigen test for HBV will show positive result after the virus cleared or not.

Thanks alot.
yes hbsag and hbcab igm will show positive but i d not care of testing, just check hbsag and hbcab to know if you had it already in your childhood and cleared ater this just have hbv and hav vaccine so you ll never have to think about it again
Thank you for your reply,

I've tested after the sex in 24 days and it was negative.

But after sleeping and drinking on my friend house not testing. Do I need more test for this case?

Also I'm aware on the HBsAg test as I need to be sure I'm negative because they will deport me from where I live if they know my status on renewal the residential visa for me.

Please advise me.
LFT -billirubin

Total -1.4 mg/dl
Direct -0.4 mg/dl
Indirect -1.0 mg/dl
SGOT -20 U/L
SGPT -39 U/L
Alkaline phosphate -173 u/l

SERUM PROTINE:
Total -6.5 gm/dl
Albumin -3.9 gm/dl
Globulin-2.6 mg/dl

Hbsag (Elisha) -0.562

kindly advice how is my liver function and is there in any critcal for the liver operation ?