Hepatitis B Community
Yellow skin and eyes - Normal liver enzymes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Yellow skin and eyes clay colored-stools - Normal liver enzymes

Hi All - So I got CBC labs done recently and my liver enzymes were normal AST at 35(10-40 range) and ALT at 58(9-60 range) although on the high side of the range, but they were still in the normal range according to the labs.

After more investigation I tested for pancreatic enzymes such as Amylase at 118 (21-101 range) and Lipase at 114 (7-60 range) which were elevated.

Just this weekend I was admitted to the hospital due to my symptoms described above - Turns out I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis where my Lipase levels were at 700+. Was in the hospital for two days and by the time I was discharged my Lipase level was at 87(23-300 range).

The day I was discharged I still had/have yellow eyes and skin. Today is only a day after I was discharged and still have the the symptoms except for the stools which have darkened a bit. The MRCP test revealed that all other abdominal organs were in exceptional shape except for the pancreas which was inflamed. What else could it possibly be? PLEASE HELP!!
Alk phosphatase is also a bile blockage indicator, better than the gammaGT.

re your albumin levels, this could indicate a more fundamental problem, like cirrhosis. You need to have this checked by a hepatologist.

The blocking stone could have been so small, just clamped in the orifice of the papilla vateri, that radiology has missed it.

You mentioned yellow eyes, but you did not report bilirubin levels. Pale stools would further point towards blocking cholestasis or a toxic event that both damaged your pancreas and your liver. This has to be worked out by your local doctor or hospital, you cannot find a solution to a complex medical problem on the Internet.
Most likely a gallstone, blocking the bile as well as the pancreatic fluid at the convergence of the bile duct and the pancreatic duct. Did they not check your alkali phosphatase and gammaGT enzymes?
Per the ultrasound and MRCP there was no duct blockage found. Did the GammaGT and it was normal within range, however the alkali phosphatase was not done. What is it for?

My protein levels were low per my results;

Calcium at 8.3(8.4 - 10.2 range)
Protein Total at 6.1 (6.3 - 8.2 range)
Albumin at 3.2 (3.5 - 5.0 range)

Could this be the problem???