Hepatitis B Community
about HbsAg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

about HbsAg

I got HbsAg reactive about 7years ago.Its still on. Now i want to go abroad for my further study. But i heard that HbsAg reactive person can't apply for that. So,i don't know what to do now. Plz hepl me how to get rid of this. Do i need to take medicine or something else.
Hoping for your quick response..

Regards,
Lemus33
We dont know about allowing to study abroad or not but one thing we can tell you that "HbsAg is not that simple to clear. If you are lucky you may clear in few months with peg some may also take years!

The question have you started any treatment?

What are the blood test you have done?

Thanks for your response.
I have started taking medicine(forgot the name) at beginning for about 6months, but it didn't work. so i didn't take t since then.

I have tested HbsAg & HbeAg about 5,6 years ago.
The result was HbsAg reactive & HbeAg non-reactive.Now in the 2014, i have again tested just for HbsAg. It's still reactive. So, Now i should i do.

Regards,
Lemus33
hi
just want  to say hbv is very dangerous dont take it easy it may cost your life , if it is not fellowed by an excellent doc and have monitoring each 3 or 6 or 12 monthes according to the case
it  causes the inflammation of liver in late stages cancer all this happen if you are not taking care of your liver
you can avoid all this by survillance your health and liver conditions starting by choosing doc monitorings fibroscan ....
all we feel good and no symptômes appear;but may ther adommage to the liver and we dont know
i dont to make you in fear but take care of your self if you want to cantinue your studies
You need to do the following test and find a good Dr. Also I like to advise you to take second Dr opinion or post here what your Dr is advicing you. By the way you are not suppose to stop taking medicine.

1. HbsAg in Quantitative not just HbsAg
2. Hvb dna in pcr
3. Febroscan
Thanks flyinsky for your response and suggestion on my post.Now I'm going to plan of having checkup time to time.
Once Again Thanks, hope this help will last forever :)