Hepatitis B Community
alinia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viewing 201-332 comments:

another consideration about alt level, 30-40 in my life and the fact that mutations tests are not available in normal hospitals
25-40 is about the same level i always had before therapy in my life, both with hbdna und or hbvdna 100000, this is to say it has no meaning to say if you are having much liver damage or little.
i guess in my case the most damage to the liver is from the mutants precore, BCP and rtq215S even with almost normal alt.

so when monitoring without therapy it is very important to check hbv mutations and fibrosis by fibroscan, not only alt and hbvdna which have both big limits
Could you please tell me, how often should I check fibrosis by fibroscan?

Are there any news from other members of the group?

yearly is good enough

still early to say but almost all group is using 2g daily in 2 main doses or about every 6 hrs, some cannot tollerate it others can tollerate even 2,5g and maybe more.

the sides on the 2g are mild diarrea (diarrhea) and bloat

pretrement 4 to 12 weeks looks like the best strategy and the most potent combo looks peginterferon+ntz especially on hbvdna (peginterferon looks like amplified), fast decrease of hbeag and very slow decrease of hbsag.

the pattern of hbsag on interferon is reported in other posts and it is rarely fast continuous decrease, it is mainly very slow continuous decrease or up and down but towards decrease

there is one in the group who made hbsab very high in the thousand, he is checking hbsag level this week, he is on 1g daily because cannot tollerate 1,5 or 2g and don t have probiotics to suppress stomach discomfort in his country

another consideration about ntz dose and blood half-life of the drug:

the pick after taking the pill with food is between 4-5 hours and then drug declines fast after 7hours (about 3,5hours in the blood), so best dose cannot be 2 pills every 12 hours (2 pills a day) because you will lose almost all drug in the blood, the best dose is probably a pill every 6-7hours

taking 2 pills together every 12hours will make a much higher pick (a little more than double quantity in the blood) and a delay in blood decline.
my sister, who is on ntz mono, is using this dose every 12 hours and hbsag is decreasing too.

i guess that when you see a response it is better not decrease or change hours, after september blood tests maybe she will try 2.5g daily (2 pills breakfast, 1 lunch, 2 dinner) since she has absolutely no sides

i have asked if anybody in the chinese group moved from 2g to 1g and the second guy had a relapse of hbvdna and hbsag

unfortunately i receive results after 3-4weeks and though ntz acts like other drugs but probably dose and time you take it are essential for the result
From your results, it doesn't look like Alinia has soustainable results on HBsAg :-(

you have to see how hbsag works on interferon, the only one who lowers it, it doesn t have a static pattern but goes up and down (very rare steady decline) and not so fast it takes years, so i think it is active and all to see on the 1,5-2g dose in a year.

i will keep it anyway for 2 years, plus it moved to the inactive values which starts from hbsag 2000iu/ml so there is activity.off course if it fails there is nothing but wait for new drugs if they will ever come and stay on tdf+etv combo for at least 10-20years

hbsag is steady on non responders with very slow changes

tonight i was also checking the blood levels of the drug since the big decreases were always on the 1,5-2g dose, and exactly the same quantity in april and june of 2500iu/ml in 4-5 weeks (about 500iu/ml per week)

minimum level of TIZ>2mcM in the 24 hours to activate PKR (TIZ is NTZ in blood)
Maximum plasma concentrations (Cmax) of the active metabolites are achieved within 1 to 4 hours (Tmax) within 2 to 5 hours after 1 pill 500mg (TIZ 10mcM).
The average half-life of its metabolite tizoxanide is 1.3 to 1.5 hours after single doses 500mg
so drug picks at 5 hours with terminal half-life at 7hours, so the best dose is 1 pill every 5-6 hours

Now we have to see october level staying on the continuous 2g dose, and of course see how hbsag decrease goes for the others in the group, and for those who developed antibody hbsab low and high (some are on the level below 10miu/ml, one is at about 220miu/ml)

actually on me it is very easy it was the drug since hbe negative and on etv

etv: increase hbsag on hbe pos especially when makes hbvdna und
hbsag values on hbe pos: from rarely as low as 3000iu/ml to most 5000iu/ml to rarely 20000iu/ml and more
immune system: not possible such big flactuation, we already have underlying hbsab which sets a steady hbsag value, our immune system is suppressed by hbsag and cannot do more hbsab or make big flactuation on hbsag.it just slowly decrease it while we age usually (decades to change it)
ranges of inactive carriers: from 0.01iu/ml to about 4000iu/ml,100% inactive at <500iu/ml, most of inactive found at 1500-3000iu/ml

etv or tdf can slowly lower hbsag by very deep hbvdna suppression over 10 years, since there is few new sources of infected cells cccdna lowers while cells replicates and so hbsag lowers till hopefully undeteactable in maybe 10-15years
I see...It's true, the same thing happens with HBVDNA because I remember once I had 33900UI in begining of August and 58900UI end of August. Dr said it is very variable over time and you can not get the same number over the same hour! Even though I don't understand why, it must be the same thing happening with HBsAg.
Oh! so like Alinia, Interferon causes variations...I hope Alinia will do the work over time. At least there is some activity (up and down) showing and since your ALT is stable and DNA is und, let's stay positive and hopeful.
Unfortunately, Replicor - the very promising drug - is not yet approved or commercialized.
A good monitoring for your condition is important. I believe though you should stick to one quantity 1.5 - 2 g daily because changing your intake every little while may have impacts, doesn't give you a reliable baseline and may cause resistance. 1.5 - 2 g looks good. I am certain you will consult with your dr anyways. Good luck Stefano and take good care.

no hbvdna has a flactuating pattern without therapy, on therapy there is a steady decline because antivirals block hbvdna directly
hbsag has nothing to do directly with drugs and correlation with hbvdna, alt and all other antgens is poor.hbsag is just a balance between your immune system and cccdna/hbv.
without therapy hbsag is very steady with very slow changes over the years, only interferon and alinia has similar patterns of up and down but as fast as happened to me only alinia.
interferon takes years for the changes and very little changes, in my case they were changes in weeks from inactive ranges to high ranges for hbe negative

i have posted somewhere all the graphics of interferon ,lam, interferon plus lam hbsag changes, i know all this from those studies.the changes were similar to ntz but in the years, hbsag decline was something like in the 10 by month in some

it would be wonder full to have the antiviral formulation of alinia on trial, 2700mg slow release, but unfortunately this is not on the market so the only way is to try slow release by taking the pills every 5 hours (not easy but possible).i think the 1g dose doesn t work, or at least not in the first months and not for anybody, also my sister had to go on the 2g dose in june but her hbsag is decreasing steadly from the 17000iu/ml without ups and down.she is 1g twince but from september will try the 5hours pill and see if results gets better

i have had an answer about replicor (posted on the board)...no money. no investors, no drug development.

i hope the steady 2 g dose will make the trick again and activate PKR

i thought that also 1g worked or kept steady bsag level but looks like, at least on me, 1g is totally useless while it starts acting at 1,5g but as soon as you stop it relapses complitely
as you said this is dangerous, not exactly for virus resistance, but for host resistance that's to say losing effect on cells to activate PKRs o i will definitely not move from the 2g

What do you mean by "i have had an answer about replicor (posted on the board)...no money. no investors, no drug development."???
Their website says they are in PHase I/II trials for HBV andThe CEO said the drug would be available in few years!!!!

As to HBVDNA variations, my variations were observed before I start treatment and Dr said the number fluctuates a lot.

yes off treatments it is the oppsite hbvdna fluctuates hbsag don t

this is what a memeber of chinese fourm told me:

I forwarded the following message from Lei Chou, someone who knows a lot about HBV treatment:
  Lei Chou
  Hepatitis/HIV Project Coordinator
  Treatment Action Group
  611 Broadway, Suite 308
  New York, NY 10012
  Mobile: +1 917.355.3684
  Tel: +1 212.253.7922 x. 215
  Fax: +1 212.253.7923
  Lei.***@****
  Www.treatmentactiongroup.org

”We¹ve just published our annual experimental drug pipeline report, my
  chapter on HBV starts on page 70. Sorry the news is not more exciting. You
  can download the report here:

You will not find REP9AC and Alinia mentioned in the report. I asked Lei the question:

In your research, did you come across REP 9AC by Replicor  and Alinia from Romark?  REP 9AC had a very small clinical trial involving only  6 patients, but all were reported cured. The Canadian company behind it seems to have no money for any further work. Alinia is FDA approved for another medical condition but has been reported to be effective against HBV and HCV. A few people (in Medhelp) are trying the drug for their HBV condition. The Chief medical officer of Romark is Dr Emmet Keeffer, a well known HBV researcher. Again, there is no ongoing trial involving Alinia. Can you shed any light on why no big pharma seems to interested in these two drugs or  any other?

This is the reply:

I tried to dig up some more information on REP 9AC, to no
avail. Since it's in such an early phase, combined with the small trial done[reported]
in China, I didn't feel there are sufficient data to include it here. I may
be proven wrong, but in general when something sounds too good yet is
lacking financing, I wait to hear more. I contacted Dr. Keeffer two years
ago, who said they were moving forward with Alinia in the states, but have
not heard about any trials to date. I believe they are focusing on the hep C
side. There are other compounds out there that are in similar fates.

I think the difficulty right now is that the two first line drugs on the
market are setting very high bars on efficacy and resistance barrier. For a
new drug to get developed, they'll have to show potential for shorter
duration of treatment, or eradication, not just another "me too" drug. I'm
hopeful that some of the therapeutic vaccines might eventually pan out, but
it's going to be a few years before we can get some definitive answers.

I believe it is time for all of us to organize to urge the Government to fund and initiate a national 5-year project to find a cure for HBV. Chinese scientists, together with colleagues from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Japan, and others can find a cure with the help of governments. If not, we can all donate to start our own research institute.

also romark alinia pill as antiviral, the slow release 2700mg dose, will probably have an hard time to get approved, they have 2 new potent antivirals for hcv telaprevir/bocevir or similar names, so there will be probably no need of alinia for hcv

our only hope if if they use the slow release pill for flu and get approval (good results too there are no news about the flu trial), flu antiviral market can be ultrarich with a drug with no sides, and alinia is the first antiviral without resistance for flu too

it's all a matter of Money/FDA in this case since drug has no sides
Thanks Stefano for all the info. See this link from Replicor

http://www.replicor.com/debut_anglais2.htm

It says very clearly they are phase I/II developement for HBV therapy. Now I just don"t understand why wouldn't they get enough money! REP 9AC seems very very promising and different from other drugs! and many people would want to help in the research funding...I may send them another email to confirm. It would be very disappointing otherwise :(

if it was so easy we had all more cures.FDA and trials for drug approval are very expensive
the small drug companies need the big companies for FDA approval, trials, expenses, and for drug making and distribution too and the big companies are not willing to end the hbv market
they will have a very small poor market by the time since vaccines are blocking all new customers in rich conutries, they can only get a lot of money from entecavir and tenofovir until 2016-2017 when patent expires, we will see new drugs then maybe

alinia was the same, phase II HBV trials from 2004 but they never did hbv trials except those 12 people we know
romark is the same no money, they already sold the hcv slow release development to a japanese company which is owned by big drug makers (i made the post somewhere with the names of the companies) which are the same producers of the other hbv antivirals

:(((((((((((((

i have uploaded 2 graphics about my results, from these correlation of dose/hbsag is pretty clear, let's hope it will decline again in the 2g dose

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRNzU2YjhlYzYtOTU2Ny00ZmFmLTg0MDYtYWY0OTA2ZGJmNzkx&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRMGVmYWY3ZjQtOTVkYy00MGFlLWEyMWItYjBkMTQwYzQ5MGJl&hl=en

in the links below:
data and log scales i have found about NTZ metabolism.
it confirms that the best dose to keep ntz steady in the blood at 2mcg/ml is 500mg every 6-7 hours with high fat meal (though i avoid fat meal..not healthy, i prefer normal meal).Taking at about 5-6 hours you reach 2g daily, taking at about 7 hours you reach 1.5g daily.

the 2mcg/ml (drug level needed to activate PKR) is reached at about 30min from taking pill and decline below after 7hours, at 12 hr there is very little drug left in the blood

there is no dicussion about the 1g dose twice daily, it just say that there is blood accumulation but very little data on this, no scales/time only tmax etc.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRNWQzOTIwYWEtN2I2NC00YTZhLWIyODEtZDJlNmJkZmI4Mjdj&hl=en

full document
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRYjkxMzc2MzQtNjFmZS00NDM5LWIyNzgtNzFmZmMwMmRjNTYz&hl=en
Thanks Stefano for the charts, it gives an idea on your treatment progression and Alinia role with varying concentrations.
Interesting articles about recommended Alinia concentrations. I guess you will keep 2g daily. If you don't like fatty food, you may go with walnuts or salmon, there is some healthy fat out there especially if it can help the treatment!
Good luck and keep us posted!
Enolia.

thanks i am using extra oliv oil and fish oil but need to keep my bmi down for cirrhosis regression since i am borderline 24-25, so i'll keep the 2g dose instead of too much fat

maybe 1g doesn t work because of no fat in the diet, here in southern italy we have almost none in our diet
Results from a Chinese hbver (hbeag+), I guess the same guy as dddpppbox posted. 500mg*2/day:

3-31-2010: hbsag 4642 iu/ml
6-7-2010: hbsag 4482 iu/ml
10-18-2010: hbsag 2725 iu/ml tested in a different lab

hbeag didn't change much.
10-18-2010: hbsag 2725 iu/ml

very good that's a pretty good decrease for a hbe pos on 1g only, at 1500iu/ml starts the range of inactive carriers and hbe seroconversion is probable at less than 1000iu/ml, i'd definitely go to the 1.5g daily on me and my sister there is zero result on 1g.also etv can be increased to 1mg to fasten hbe seroconversion

where did he post on hvbhbv china forum?

on 21 october i took the test again, i will know in about 3-4 weeks becase very far from the hospital.

http://www.hbvhbv.com/forum/thread-866956-110-1.html
i'd definitely go to the 1.5g daily on me and my sister there is zero result on 1g.also etv can be increased to 1mg to fasten hbe seroconversion

I think the dosage should be proportional to body weight. Asian people usually have smaller statue and less weight.

no ntz has no toxicity at all, on vitro cell little toxicity starts at ranges of 100g, it has been used even at 4g daily on aids patients, in the trials 1g has also been used on decompensated cirrhosis and during hcv transplant, not to menthion you can use it on 1year old babies, i made all this considerations before using it having a cirrhosis state

the problem for this drug is that it kills bacteria and viruses, so it also attacks the healthy bacteria in the stomach and very few cannot tollerate more than 1g daily.

yesterday i read the ntz trial on hcv transplant patients, they have no drug to stop hcv after transplant, and i read they used infusion on patients who could not tak it orally (they didn t stop the drug in the day of transplant), of course there would be no market for ntz infusion but definitely oral route is not ok for this drug.
if you skip stomach you have to try very high dose to have sides on kidneys or liver which are probably bejond 4g, but i guess it is impossible to make an infusion of the drug every 6 hours in normal every day life...

both me and my sister can bear 2g daily and more but i need to use probiotics when higher than 1g my sister don t
i have to say i've always had stomach problmes like bloating and others but probably due to cirrhosis state

as for me i can

i'm very happy for dddpppbox result because this means that even hbe positives with a potent combo like etv can have results although slow better than nothing

as for the best combo etv is probably better than tnf since the lower effect of tnf on hbsag
I did not mean the side effects of dosage. I mean that MAYBE for lighter body weight, 1g/day is as effective as 1.5g/day for heavier body weight. I am glad that you have done so much research on possible side effects. I am planning on taking it probably in 2 months if the hbv dna is UND. The only problem is no hbsag baseline. I will talk about this with my doctor in the next visit and see if he knows anywhere hbsag quantitative can be done.

oh i see

there are some locations in US for sure, i saw a poster who had it by architet in iu/ml but he was acute seroconverting so i dont think we will see him here again to ask
you might also ask abbott US, they are the producers so they will know who buys the kit in US
another guy on tnf+alinia sent me 1 months results and hbvdna less than 0.19iu/ml by the most sensitive assay in the world NGI's UltraQual

he will post hbsag in 14 days

just got back from pisa hbsag got down again using only ntz 1.5g or 2g daily and never using lower doses than these since hbsag relapse with 1g dose
26 july 7272iu/ml
21 oct  4590iu/ml
01 dec ........i will have this result in about 7-10 days

hbvdna und, alt flactuating from 36 to 42

with the researcher we have agreed to keep 2g dose
It looks very good. If hbsag keeps decreasing on Dec 01 test, it is very promising.
i am curious about your Dec. result. thanks.
i will pick them up and discuss on the 20th of jan, i also chenged dose from sept 10 to end of nov i took 1.5g and from dec i raised to 2g

i used to have some mild sides on stomach (frequent stool and stomach full of air) on the 2g dose but since it tried hepatitistechnologies neutraceutical protocol i have no sides anymore and even stopped use of probiotics

i will also discuss the maximum dose used on 48weeks trials on hcv which is 2,7g daily slow release pill with the researcher, and eventually switch to 2.5g dailly
Phospholipon 90G TM  ^                                                   2250 mg     daily
(]Polyenylphosphatidylcholine)

i wonder if this extract from soia, used in drug industry for unsoluble drug delivery, helps absorption of alinia.it may be...but in any case it is an antifibrotic supplement so either case i will keeep taking it
Good day Sir. Where I could buy the so called Nitazoxanide(Alinia) Tablet? Is it available in the Philippines?

Thanks...

Choeyy
no it isn t, you can buy generics of nitazoxanide from india nizonide500 by lupin or nitarid by cipla online

or check with pharmacies and wholesalers in philippins for nitazoxanide which is the active ingredient
do you have any specific website for order?
check online reliable canadian pharmacies, read carefully all the posts about doses and be aware that we don t know how effective it can be as monotherapy
I am Stephen from Sydney, Australia. I have read some of your recent posts on Alinia and found them very interesting. I also read posts on the Chinese HBV Forum about self-experiment with Alinia, with you as their guide and adviser.

Alinia and REP 9AC are both hot topics amongst some Chinese hbvers. They see them as their only hope of getting rid of the HBsAg because many of them face annual medical checks and they are heavily discriminated if they tested positive; and they are not just contend with an inactive state of their Hepatitis.

I want to ask you: have you heard of the drug Atabrine? It is an anti-Malaria drug widely used in China and elsewhere in the 1930s. It is no longer in use as it has side effects (including hepatitis) and has been replaced by a better class of drugs. A doctor in China has taken a kind of patent on the use of Atabrine as treatment for Hepatitis B. As with any claim about a cure for HepB, it is surrounded by controversy and not much light, especially from the doctor concerned.  Knowing your expertise and interest in this area, I would like to hear your comments.

Thanks.
i have checked and it is an antimalaria drug used in 1930 so patent is not possible, i'd strongly not suggest that until more data is available since it can have severe sides especially on the liver

i have found very little data online about it probably because so old from 1930, it is absolutely not so light as alinia which can be used on 1yo babies and is used since 2000 and have many trials going on for hepatitis, that's a serious drug and cant be used so easily

for alinia researcher at pisa will write a case study report and since it has no sides it is another story.i do hope some serious trials can be made on Atabrine too

my sister's update on alinia monotherapy

11/march/2010 started alinia at 2 pills daily total alinia 1g
15/june/2010    increased alinia at 2g daily, 2 pills breakfast and 2 dinner
15 june 2010    hbsag 17379iu/ml
11 sept 2010    started 1 pill about every 6hrs
08 feb   2011    hbsag 13661iu/ml

to say if alinia is really working on decreasing hbsag as monotherapy i'd wait to see if decline continues.in any case the ipotesis alina can decrease hbsag is correct

effect on hbvdna
no effect hbvdna stayed the same before and after therapy with alinia monotherapy at 5logs.she has had a 1 log increase now in jan/feb, we will recheck hbvdna in 15-20 days for confirm

hbsag will be retested in about 3-4 months.the best strategy would be to add interferon if there is a flare of alt and immune activation but for now she doesn t want any therapy and also doctors dont want to start now since her liver is having no damage from this hbvdna level at all
fibroscan 4.4kpa
ultrasound all normal
liver function all normal except alt flactuating from 40 to 60

my hbsag update will be in about 2 weeks

another member wrote me he got hbsag 26iu/ml after starting alinia 4pills daily, since he had no sides he is incresing to 5, total alinia daily 2,5g (on trials the max dose used 2,7g daily for 48weeks and 4g daily for very short periods of time)

i asked hime to post all results here if he is sure hbsag got as low as 26iu/ml which means it will be negative very soon
Stefano,

Thanks for the updates. I am waiting for your good results.
Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your updates. Also I'm taking Nizonide(500mg) for almost 45 days.will take it for another 45 days and  I ll go for the test . . Taking 3 tablets now and planning  to increase it to 4 pills a day.

Thanks Stefano and looking for good results from your side.

forgot to methion my sister checked hbsag with s/n test in july and ugust too and it looks like the decrease started with 2g daily but the steady decrease started from september when she started 2g takens every 5-6hours and not taken 2 times a day every 12 hours (this is because ntz stays in the blood only 5-7hours and then declines to levels so low which have no effect)

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

the best strategy would be to check alt and hbcab igm and when there is an alt flare and hbcab igm getting higher than 0.2s/co add interferon because these changes mean immune system got activated and interferon is very effective or wait until hbsag is 1500-3000iu/ml which is the range when interferon can eradicate hbsag

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

19 july 2010 220.11s/n
02 sep 2010 231.93s/n

Alinia Update......

Last Febuary 2010, l got this..

Result in details...

HBsAG... Positive
HBeAG....Negative
Anti-HBc....positive
Anti-HBc-IgM.... Negative
Anti- HBe..... Positive

HBV-DNA ( PCR )  352 UI / ml

Then read about Alinia and decided to try it however l started with 2 pills per day for 5 months then stop because of delay in postal delievery for my orders. So l started again at the rate of 4 pills per day. Below are my latest result...(MONO Treatment)

JUST NTZ in usage

HBV DNA(PCR)..less than 9 UI / ml

GPT(ALT)...33
GOT(AST)..26

Hope to carry out a complet test in 6 months time from now and shall post the details here. NTZ looks good and you guys should give it a trial..combo or mono...it will reduced hbsag on a long run.
What were your ALT and  AST before treatment?
I asked my specialist about alinia yesterday. He said he has never heard of it. I guess it's not a common hep b drug?
  hbsag quantity?
Hi, i have a question. my girlfriend had a liver profile and i was wondering. can we know if there is any type of hepatitis infection with a liver profile exam? i don't that it will not give an specific type of hepatitis but what i want to know is if it will detect any type of hepatitis virus that she could have and then do a more detail exam like an antibody exam. the one that she did her doctor told her that her liver looks normal, her result were not out of the chart. so does that means that she don't have none of the hepatitis viruses?

Thank you.

I have been taking Nizonide-500mg 3 tabs /day  for two months . Today I checked my HbsAg Quantitative . But this by ELICA Method. I have not checked my HbsAg Quantitative before taking Nizonide

HbsAg Quantitative = 1088  IU/mL          Less than 1.0 IU/ml : Negative

Yet to check my DNA and AST/ALT.

To Stefano...
What is ELICA method. Is it Inferior to Abbott Architecture? Can I rely on this test or not?

Shall I increase Nizonide by 4 tablets(2g)  per day?
Sorry it is HbsAg Quantitative by  ECLIA Method  not by ELICA method.

Stefano and all

I have been taking Nizonide-500mg 3 tabs /day  for two months . Today I checked my HbsAg Quantitative . But this by ECLIA Method. I have not checked my HbsAg Quantitative before taking Nizonide .  

Yet to check my DNA and AST/ALT.

To Stefano...
What is ECLIA method. Is it Inferior to Abbott Architecture? Can I rely on this test or not?

To Stefano...
What is ECLIA method. Is it Inferior to Abbott Architecture?

as long as result is iu/ml they should be the same

Can I rely on this test or not?
yes but email it to me for security

yes absolutely
>Results from a Chinese hbver (hbeag+), I guess the same guy as dddpppbox posted. >500mg*2/day:
>
>3-31-2010: hbsag 4642 iu/ml
>6-7-2010: hbsag 4482 iu/ml
>10-18-2010: hbsag 2725 iu/ml tested in a different lab
3/5/2011: hbsag 4600 iu/ml. not so good. he is on mono ntz

tell him  nobody got results from 1g daily (2pills) both mono or with other antivirals/interferon, the only dose with results decreasing hbsag is 2g daily (2pills)

both me and my sister are on 2g daily minimum and considering 2,5g since no sides effects so far

it is also very important to never change dose, miss pills.in july 2010 i lowered dose to 1g and hbsag got from 2700iu/ml to 7272iu/ml

another thing i have noticed is that if vitamin level is not normal the results are weak too, ntz acts like interferon with best results with vitamin d 50-60ng/ml

yes eclia is same as architect as long as result is in iu/ml

as a comparison for results we are getting, the changes of hbsag, the median decrease of hbsag after 2 years of interferon (not 1 year!) is only about 1500iu/ml

so when possible i'd check vitamin d closely or take the high dose 2g.

remember also that the dose on hcv trials in combo with interferon/riba gave 100% results on the 2,7 daily dose and only 82% on the 1.5g dose and 50% ETR without ntz (RTR is hcv und by week 52)

sorry i meant vitamin D level

my hbsag should be ready monday, it has continuous 2g from dec to now plus vitamin D supplements to keep it at 40-50ng/ml (never reached more than 50ng/ml)

i hope to have it low otherwise we will switch to interferon+ntz combo in april with entecavir on intermittent entecavir since contnuous entecavir with hbvdna und lowers immune response for both interferon and ntz
Results from a Chinese hbver (hbeag+),

i didnt notice, hbeag positve have less response to alinia (ntz), i do think 1g is useless for him, he should try 2g and if no response he can definitely say it doesn t work and stop

today i got results of blood tests but not hbsag, another lab who has architect but don t know how to use it......damn
anyway they have been very kind and ordered the kit for quantification and let me know result in a month meanwhile i will have to move 170km from the city to reach a rural area where they told me they do hbsag quantification on regular basis and can have result in about 8 days

in the new tests:
vitamin D increaed to 34ng/ml (normal level now but not the level which showed better response to interferon 40-60ng/ml), daily supplement 4000-5000iu plus sunbed 3 times a week from jan 20 to now

cholesterol is still not optimal dispite omega3, bitter melon.
tot col 197, hdl 43, ldl 140.hdl must be at least 50 and ldl better less than 130
i have started liposomal glutathione 7days ago after 14 days i will reach cholest to see if liposomes have an effect both on serum chol and not only the cellular one

alt lowered to 40 (alt was 48 from october 2010 to jan 2011 due to fatty liver)

hbvdna still und

bmi 22, weight 70kg, weist about 93cm

will update hbsag as soon as available
very good. just wondering what was your alt before tretmant?

before treatment in 2009 i had a flare to alt 600 but when out of flares my alt were usually 40-50 anyway, they got to about 60 in 4 weeks etv, but alt has no meaning for infection or liver damage when low like 40-50, i got to cirrhosis despite continuous normal alt according to old ranges
what matters is only hbsag quant, hbvdna and fibroscan
@ytd......am not fortunate here to get hbsag quantity so l cant tell.
@ almaja......ALT was 38 before treament while AST was30
I have been taking Nizonide-500mg 3 tabs /day  for 3 months .

Last month I increased dosage to 2g per day

My Updated Results for this month :

HbsAg Quantitative : 567 iu/ml  (April 2, 2011)  ECLIA Method

where last month results was

HbsAg Quantitative : 1088 iu/ml (March 5th ,2011)  ECLIA Method

I'm planning incerase it to  2.5g daily. Also I'm taking Omega 3 tablets and Bitter melon Juice once in 4 days.

I will update my results in next month. before that many thanks to stefano  and all
Smile_boy
adid you check your DNA and ALT ast?

alt and hbvdna have no meaning to clear hbv and it is not necessary to check them

i remember he started with normal alt and hbvdna negative
I started with HbeAg Negative and HBvDna = 9000 copies/ml

and HBvDna = 9000 copies/ml

this indicate you were not inactive carrier, did you check it now?it should be lower than 2000 or und with hbsag around 500iu/ml but if test is expensive do not waste ur money the only thing that matters is hbeag to be lower than 500iu/ml
HBVDNA is bit expensive in India. It costs around 5000INR. I would take that it next month and update my results .

//hbeag to be lower than 500iu/ml //
What do you mean by this Stef. Bit confused. Is it HbsAg
I believe stef meant HbsAg. That is good news for you anyways and it means that having a low HBVDNA helps in reducing HBSAg even faster. I still can't find a  place in Canada who do calculate HBSAg. SO weird!
Is it HbsAg

yes i confused
hbsag results:

january- 24200 iu/ml

april 19- 18455 iu/ml

i'm hbeag negative.
hbv dna- 150 copies.

i'm on 2g ntz dose since january 14 th. didn't miss even a single pill during the last three months. taking a pill every 6 hrs. taking sun exposure for 2 hrs in 3 days a week. didn't take any other tablets even when i had fever,cold and fatigue while on ntz. because i feared taking other pills as they may interfere the effect of ntz.

now looking to increase the dosage of ntz to 3g a day. and also trying to get more sun exposure.

i actually struggled in the beginning of starting ntz as you've to take every 6 hrs. but within two three days i regularised it.

now planned to take pills at 6.00,9.00,13.00,17.00,21.00 and 01.30 hrs.

according to me, i think,  being relaxed and taking adequate sleep might also help in someway to rise immunity.

hbv dna- 150 copies.

this is about 25iu/ml, it is extremely low.it would be good to see if 3g ntz can make it fully und.
Hi Stef,
How all the HB parameters should look if one is not having HBV.  I mean HBV dna, HBASG, HBEAG, etc

Raja

hbsag non reactive
thanks for your reply.  currently i am undergoing siddha (indian medicine) treatment and will let you know the details once I complete the initial treatment
Hi Stefano,
One of the reputed indian herbal drug manufacturers (Himalaya) has come up with a medicine (LIV 52 HB) for HBV.  You can find the clinical trial data in the below link.
http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/researchpaper/liv52-hb.htm

If you have time, can you please go through and tell us how effective it. The data shows consistent reduction in HBSAG and Viral load levels during the progression of treatment

Raja

is HD-03/E same as live52 HB?

the effect is not potent and the research has no hbsag quantification but it might be a good try together with other treatments if this herbs have no sides effect

you and other indian members can use nizonide500+liv 52hd and make monthly test of hbsag by arichitect and then report results to the forum

is there a reliable source for this herbal liv 52hd?
Hi stef,
Whether this drug interferes with alinia? Thats question here. Also another common can we take any other medicines say for cold or fever while on alinia.
Whethr it decreaser alinia efficacy

there cannot be an answer to this but alinia is reported to have little influence from or on other drugs

it is better to wait in ur situation maybe because you are close to seroconvertion and act on these combos only if hbsag tends to increase to 1000iu/ml

check also the study i have found about cellular cholesterol and hbv assembly, the interference happens well before hbsag and cccdna so it is sure to help although we dont know how much

and we also dont know how much liposomal gsh can lower cellular cholesterol. we do need the UK researchers who studied lipo gsh on rats and saw arterosclerosis regression by 3 months use, they should have an idea of what ghs does inside the cells
yes HD-03/ES is Liv52 HB.  there are some 6 research papers in the site that i mentioned (http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/researchpaper/liv52-hb.htm) and please go through them and let us know.  My siddha doctor ( he is working at Central government siddha research institute in chennai, India) said we can trust Himalaya's products compared to others.  But only results can tell us whether this drug is working or not.
Himalaya sees huge potential for Liv 52 HB, hopes to make it Rs.10 cr brand
Nandita Vijay, Bangalore
Friday, May 27, 2011, 08:00 Hrs  [IST]

The drug development process at Himalaya follows allopathic protocols to determine safety and efficacy as per the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines. Approximately 1,000 patients took part in the clinical studies for Liv.52 HB across the country for six years which began in 2004 and continued till 2010. There were five double-bind placebo-controlled studies. Fifty percent of the patients were administered the active drug and the other 50 percent were given the placebo. Sustained virological response was seen in more than 27 per cent of the patients. The clinical trials were conducted in hospitals across the country, including Bangalore where it was undertaken in Victoria Hospital, Bangalore, amongst others.

virologic response is low hbvdna or undetactable, a response of only 27% on hbvdna is very very little if there was no hbsag seroconversion.

so it really doesn t worth to try it monotherapy but since it has no sides a combo with other immune modulating drugs like interferon or alinia can be interesting to see
I will take it along with my siddha medicines and see the results. Before taking Liv52 HB, I will do HBSAG quantitative test

thank you for your reports, the research done is very  very poor because hbsag quant is missing.we can make better research than them....
My diagnostic results:

(1) HBSAG - 5184 IU/ML
(2) HBV DNA - 66K IU/ML
(3) HBEAG - NEGATIVE
(4) anti- HBE +ve

Alt and Ast are at higher levels than normal

whether anything can be concluded for the above data?

Raja1972

1) HBSAG - 5184 IU/ML
chances of eradication with interferon monotherapy low, id' try alinia+simvastatin and if hbsag gets lower around 1500-2000iu/ml i would add interferon

(2) HBV DNA - 66K IU/ML
medium level but doesnt say much as to successfull hbv eradication

(3) HBEAG - NEGATIVE
(4) anti- HBE +ve
higher response on alinia

not good, this means low immune response to hbv and both alinia and interferon might have lower response.what is the exact value?

do you know your genotype?if not D interferon might have higher chances

i'd foucs on liver damage from biopsy or fibroscan to choose if threapy is needed now

Thanks.  Have you ever tried (phyllanthus amarus )? This is widely used as traditional siddha medicine in south india

it is too weak, just lowers 3 logs hbvdna in 1 year of trials.a chinese member told me she worked in a chines hospital and nobody on phillanthus improved

1 member of the forum tried it and hbv worsen a lot

it would be useless for me and dangerous because of liver damage, herbals can carry pestisides or worse if not from your own garden
in your case it is better to take fibroscan and confirm that whether you have any liver damage  before starting(relying) any treatments .

Fibroscan in Coimbatore
FIBROSCAN- VGM HOSPITAL, OPP. TO RAJALAKSHMI MILLS, SINGANALLUR,
COIMBATORE

it costs 2000 -4000 INR

I am going to coimbatore to do the test on saturday and will post the results. Thanks
My alt was 44 on a scale of (0-33) 4/22 and then 84 4/30 on a scale of 0-40 AND ast is 41 on a scale of (0-40) on 4/22 and 42 on a scale of (0-40) on 4/30  but the tests were done in two different labs. But I don't understand why there is big difference in values in the span of 8 days.  I will be doing Fibroscan on saturday.
Dear fellow friends, I need some advice from you guys.
I took Alinia for 10mths, but stopped completely for 1.5mths due to a very bad cough allergy that required me to take other types of medication. Plus I am still on baraclude...all the medications were too much for me to handle, considering I have to plan intervals between them and still take food with them etc. So I don't know why but I just decided to stop ALinia for that period. Now I'm well again, I'm not sure if I should continue Alinia or wait till I go for another blood test in early Sept and review my results? I read stef2011's comments above that we should never miss a dose or change dosage..and that really scard me. What should I do now? (by the way, there is no HBs-antigen quantitative testing in my country, so taking Alinia for me is really just another hope of curing HepB with faith!)

For some backgrd history, I am HBe-antigen neg, anti-HBe pos, undetected DNA, as of my last blood test. Any advice is greatly appreciated! tks a tonn...

without hbsag quant you have no idea about what is happening and if you are curing infection or just blocking liver damage by entecavir...alinia is even worst because it is mainly active on hbsag and much less on hbvdna

what happens when you stopped alinia....

if there is immune control with hbsag in the range 500-1000iu/ml or less maybe nothing changes but in the higher ranges of hbsag we have seen from many people that hbsag rebounds to baseline levels

what use of etv+alinia?

prevent any reistance since alinia is active on all strains and makes no resistance, hopefully get hbsag low

suggestion: consider adding simvastatin too at 40mg dose, checking alt/ast monthly, if they rise stop
Yes u're right in a way..I am just taking a chance (since there's no risks). Is there a way to roughly gauge whether Im on the high HBsag side or low? (besides quantitative tests) My alt/ast is generally in the normal range, with 1-2 episodes slightly elevated for a while. Liver ultrasounds are always good.

Is simvastin proven to help HepB too? You are saying I should take etv+alinia+simvastin? Is this too much for the body to bear? Sigh...I am really looking forward to the day I can be free from all sorts of medication. It can be quite depressing knowing I have to be on so much medication.
whether Im on the high HBsag side or low?

no way absolutely.there is staning of biopsy for antigenes, which is better than blood antigen quantification but i dont know if that's done in ur area, and biopsy is not such a good thing to make nowadays since we have other tools

Is simvastin proven to help HepB too?

yes, check posts in the community, it doesnt work a lot as monotherapy but etv+sim or inf+sim are the most potent combo, adding alinia to this combo might get even stronger results
sim rarely elevates alt/ast so they must be checked frequently, statins and sim are reported on very large human trial to prevent liver cancer, fibrosis, cirrhosis and portal hypertension since cholesterol is involved in fibrosis production and inflammation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2869246/

sim+etv

i havent understood what 300:1 or 100:1 means but i guess we have to avoid the low doses of sim and try 20mg or 40mg dose and then if no alt/ast rise move to max dose 80mg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19208350

Gastroenterology. 2009 May;136(5):1651-8. Epub 2009 Jan 24.
Simvastatin lowers portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a randomized controlled trial.
Abraldes JG, Albillos A, Bañares R, Turnes J, González R, García-Pagán JC, Bosch J.
Source
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clínic, Institut d'Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain.
Abstract
BACKGROUND & AIMS:
Simvastatin improves liver generation of nitric oxide and hepatic endothelial dysfunction in patients with cirrhosis, so it could be an effective therapy for portal hypertension. This randomized controlled trial evaluated the effects of continuous simvastatin administration on the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and its safety in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension.

METHODS:
Fifty-nine patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension (HVPG > or =12 mm Hg) were randomized to groups that were given simvastatin 20 mg/day for 1 month (increased to 40 mg/day at day 15) or placebo in a double-blind clinical trial. Randomization was stratified according to whether the patient was being treated with beta-adrenergic blockers. We studied splanchnic and systemic hemodynamics and variables of liver function and safety before and after 1 month of treatment.

RESULTS:
Simvastatin significantly decreased HVPG (-8.3%) without deleterious effects in systemic hemodynamics. HVPG decreases were observed in patients who were receiving beta-adrenergic blockers (-11.0%; P = .033) and in those who were not (-5.9%; P = .013). Simvastatin improved hepatic, fractional, and intrinsic clearance of indocyanine green, showing an improvement in effective liver perfusion and function. No significant changes in HVPG and liver function were observed in patients receiving placebo. The number of patients with adverse events did not differ significantly between groups. No patient was withdrawn from the study based on adverse events.

CONCLUSIONS:
Simvastatin decreased HVPG and improved liver perfusion in patients with cirrhosis. These effects were additive with those of beta-adrenergic blockers. The beneficial effects of simvastatin should be confirmed in long-term clinical trials for portal hypertension.
Thanks for the article. Am very new to this drug. Can I ask why is etv+sim better than etv+alinia? Is it proven to be more effective in lowering HBsag than Alinia?
Where can I get Sim from? How much does it cost? thanks.

no the combo of all 3 is better, all drugs as mono are weak and all have different sites of action

the minimum effect is prevention of resistance, the best effect is hbsag lowering and if it ever reaches 1000-1500iu/ml additional interferon reaches the highest eradicates rates
hi stef,

is there any posiibility to become Hbsag positive to Negitive
I don't read this thread yet, so it may be possible that the following info to be already discussed: on http://www.hepb.org/professionals/hbf_drug_watch.htm I've notice that Nitazoxanide (Alinia) is in Phase II Egypt, so maybe somebody from Egypt have some more information on this.
Also it is state that Nitazoxanide (Alinia) is Preclinical for HBV - but I don't know what exactly this means.

that website is not reliable

romark has no money the trials never started on hbv and they finished by wasting money on hcv too, FDA requires too much money on trials even on safe drugs or vitamins so these small companies have no way to get approval in US

many are going to asia also for the trials now, like replicor, they save money and can get aproval there without the fda mafia
when is Myrcludex-b going to release into the market? Sources say it can cure Hepatitis B
some news from the chinese forum (i refer to the people that use Alinia) ?

after the last post from stef2011, referring to the fact that lowering ntz the HVB DNA start to increase even if he was under ent treatment it seams that at least alinia has a synergistic effect or even a direct efect, so some update (with history) from other users of alinia are welcome.
ako meron akong known cure sa hepatitis B, C with liver cancer pa. . a revolutionary product in today's market. . it even has it's own line of pharmaceuticals, , the science of transferceuticals. . ang hepa B eh isang viral infection na walang gamot kahit kaninung doctor ka pa magtanong. . hindi lang nila masabi na walng gamot kundi pinapainum ka nila ng mga multivitamins na maganda sa atay tulad ng essentiale forte. . vitamin b complex ata yun if i remember it right? ang sinasabi kong Transfer Factor eh. . hindi gamot, Herb, hormone o vitamins, ito ay isang immune modulator/booster, pag mahina ang immune mo eh iboboost xa pag over reactive naman tulad ng mga sakit na lupus, asthma, psoriasis, eh imomoderate nya,. now, anung kinalaman nito s hepa B? since virus ang hepa at walang gamot ang kailangan ng katawan natin ay mga anti-bodies na lalaban sa hepa, eto yung Anti-hbs makikita nyo sa laboatory parang ganto
Test Name                Result              Remarks
Anti-HBc Igm            0.0413              Negative
Anti HBE                  0.0581              Positive
HBEAG                    0.2562              Negative
Anti-HBs                  0.0781              Negative
HBsAg                     85.3449            Positive

dapat mataas yung anti-hbs para labanan yung hbsag, , ngaun ang immune system natin ang gumagawa ng mga antibodies, ang transfer facator ang kaisa isang product ng nagboboost ng immune system up to 437% compare sa ibang product tulad ng vitamin c 3-6% increase, mga barley, shitake mushroom na pinakamataas sa mga herbs 70+% ang increase. . approved na din sa russia ang product na ito,, although magkalaban ang amerika at russia nagkakaisa sila sa TF* .
magpapalaboratory ako this week . tignan ko effect ng 2 months kong paginom ng TF. mga tsong may pagasa pa sa mga HEPA B reactive like me. .
im EVAN
09325333714
fuge26(at)yahudatkom

oh and approved to ng bfad =) although proven and effective nakalagay na no approved therapeutic claims kasi approved ng bfad. required na lahat ng supplements may nakalagay na ganun sa bote. special ang bote ng philippines sa amerika la ganun. and para sa mga mitikulosong medical people there. nasa list ng PDR (physician's desk reference) ang TF* last 2012.

Good day to everyone.. =)
im HBsAg positive,viral load negative and antigen E also negative,dont know what is the next step of my life,im really worried,cant get a job in medical field also and not sure about getting married.
get hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by architect or elecsys, if less than 1000iu/ml you ll clear by peginterferon
not 100% but very high chances, if more than 1000iu/ml chances will be very low
Viewing 201-332 comments: