alinia
did anybody try alinia with hbv?

it is strange nobody tried it yet since it is not expensive and available at pharmacy
Is it HbsAg

yes i confused
hbsag results:

january- 24200 iu/ml

april 19- 18455 iu/ml

i'm hbeag negative.
hbv dna- 150 copies.

i'm on 2g ntz dose since january 14 th. didn't miss even a single pill during the last three months. taking a pill every 6 hrs. taking sun exposure for 2 hrs in 3 days a week. didn't take any other tablets even when i had fever,cold and fatigue while on ntz. because i feared taking other pills as they may interfere the effect of ntz.

now looking to increase the dosage of ntz to 3g a day. and also trying to get more sun exposure.

i actually struggled in the beginning of starting ntz as you've to take every 6 hrs. but within two three days i regularised it.

now planned to take pills at 6.00,9.00,13.00,17.00,21.00 and 01.30 hrs.

according to me, i think,  being relaxed and taking adequate sleep might also help in someway to rise immunity.

hbv dna- 150 copies.

this is about 25iu/ml, it is extremely low.it would be good to see if 3g ntz can make it fully und.
Hi Stef,
How all the HB parameters should look if one is not having HBV.  I mean HBV dna, HBASG, HBEAG, etc

Raja

hbsag non reactive
thanks for your reply.  currently i am undergoing siddha (indian medicine) treatment and will let you know the details once I complete the initial treatment
Hi Stefano,
One of the reputed indian herbal drug manufacturers (Himalaya) has come up with a medicine (LIV 52 HB) for HBV.  You can find the clinical trial data in the below link.
http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/researchpaper/liv52-hb.htm

If you have time, can you please go through and tell us how effective it. The data shows consistent reduction in HBSAG and Viral load levels during the progression of treatment

Raja

is HD-03/E same as live52 HB?

the effect is not potent and the research has no hbsag quantification but it might be a good try together with other treatments if this herbs have no sides effect

you and other indian members can use nizonide500+liv 52hd and make monthly test of hbsag by arichitect and then report results to the forum

is there a reliable source for this herbal liv 52hd?
Hi stef,
Whether this drug interferes with alinia? Thats question here. Also another common can we take any other medicines say for cold or fever while on alinia.
Whethr it decreaser alinia efficacy

there cannot be an answer to this but alinia is reported to have little influence from or on other drugs

it is better to wait in ur situation maybe because you are close to seroconvertion and act on these combos only if hbsag tends to increase to 1000iu/ml

check also the study i have found about cellular cholesterol and hbv assembly, the interference happens well before hbsag and cccdna so it is sure to help although we dont know how much

and we also dont know how much liposomal gsh can lower cellular cholesterol. we do need the UK researchers who studied lipo gsh on rats and saw arterosclerosis regression by 3 months use, they should have an idea of what ghs does inside the cells
yes HD-03/ES is Liv52 HB.  there are some 6 research papers in the site that i mentioned (http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/researchpaper/liv52-hb.htm) and please go through them and let us know.  My siddha doctor ( he is working at Central government siddha research institute in chennai, India) said we can trust Himalaya's products compared to others.  But only results can tell us whether this drug is working or not.
Himalaya sees huge potential for Liv 52 HB, hopes to make it Rs.10 cr brand
Nandita Vijay, Bangalore
Friday, May 27, 2011, 08:00 Hrs  [IST]

The drug development process at Himalaya follows allopathic protocols to determine safety and efficacy as per the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines. Approximately 1,000 patients took part in the clinical studies for Liv.52 HB across the country for six years which began in 2004 and continued till 2010. There were five double-bind placebo-controlled studies. Fifty percent of the patients were administered the active drug and the other 50 percent were given the placebo. Sustained virological response was seen in more than 27 per cent of the patients. The clinical trials were conducted in hospitals across the country, including Bangalore where it was undertaken in Victoria Hospital, Bangalore, amongst others.

virologic response is low hbvdna or undetactable, a response of only 27% on hbvdna is very very little if there was no hbsag seroconversion.

so it really doesn t worth to try it monotherapy but since it has no sides a combo with other immune modulating drugs like interferon or alinia can be interesting to see
I will take it along with my siddha medicines and see the results. Before taking Liv52 HB, I will do HBSAG quantitative test

thank you for your reports, the research done is very  very poor because hbsag quant is missing.we can make better research than them....
My diagnostic results:

(1) HBSAG - 5184 IU/ML
(2) HBV DNA - 66K IU/ML
(3) HBEAG - NEGATIVE
(4) anti- HBE +ve

Alt and Ast are at higher levels than normal

whether anything can be concluded for the above data?

Raja1972

1) HBSAG - 5184 IU/ML
chances of eradication with interferon monotherapy low, id' try alinia+simvastatin and if hbsag gets lower around 1500-2000iu/ml i would add interferon

(2) HBV DNA - 66K IU/ML
medium level but doesnt say much as to successfull hbv eradication

(3) HBEAG - NEGATIVE
(4) anti- HBE +ve
higher response on alinia

not good, this means low immune response to hbv and both alinia and interferon might have lower response.what is the exact value?

do you know your genotype?if not D interferon might have higher chances

i'd foucs on liver damage from biopsy or fibroscan to choose if threapy is needed now

Thanks.  Have you ever tried (phyllanthus amarus )? This is widely used as traditional siddha medicine in south india

it is too weak, just lowers 3 logs hbvdna in 1 year of trials.a chinese member told me she worked in a chines hospital and nobody on phillanthus improved

1 member of the forum tried it and hbv worsen a lot

it would be useless for me and dangerous because of liver damage, herbals can carry pestisides or worse if not from your own garden
in your case it is better to take fibroscan and confirm that whether you have any liver damage  before starting(relying) any treatments .

Fibroscan in Coimbatore
FIBROSCAN- VGM HOSPITAL, OPP. TO RAJALAKSHMI MILLS, SINGANALLUR,
COIMBATORE

it costs 2000 -4000 INR

I am going to coimbatore to do the test on saturday and will post the results. Thanks
My alt was 44 on a scale of (0-33) 4/22 and then 84 4/30 on a scale of 0-40 AND ast is 41 on a scale of (0-40) on 4/22 and 42 on a scale of (0-40) on 4/30  but the tests were done in two different labs. But I don't understand why there is big difference in values in the span of 8 days.  I will be doing Fibroscan on saturday.
Dear fellow friends, I need some advice from you guys.
I took Alinia for 10mths, but stopped completely for 1.5mths due to a very bad cough allergy that required me to take other types of medication. Plus I am still on baraclude...all the medications were too much for me to handle, considering I have to plan intervals between them and still take food with them etc. So I don't know why but I just decided to stop ALinia for that period. Now I'm well again, I'm not sure if I should continue Alinia or wait till I go for another blood test in early Sept and review my results? I read stef2011's comments above that we should never miss a dose or change dosage..and that really scard me. What should I do now? (by the way, there is no HBs-antigen quantitative testing in my country, so taking Alinia for me is really just another hope of curing HepB with faith!)

For some backgrd history, I am HBe-antigen neg, anti-HBe pos, undetected DNA, as of my last blood test. Any advice is greatly appreciated! tks a tonn...

without hbsag quant you have no idea about what is happening and if you are curing infection or just blocking liver damage by entecavir...alinia is even worst because it is mainly active on hbsag and much less on hbvdna

what happens when you stopped alinia....

if there is immune control with hbsag in the range 500-1000iu/ml or less maybe nothing changes but in the higher ranges of hbsag we have seen from many people that hbsag rebounds to baseline levels

what use of etv+alinia?

prevent any reistance since alinia is active on all strains and makes no resistance, hopefully get hbsag low

suggestion: consider adding simvastatin too at 40mg dose, checking alt/ast monthly, if they rise stop
Yes u're right in a way..I am just taking a chance (since there's no risks). Is there a way to roughly gauge whether Im on the high HBsag side or low? (besides quantitative tests) My alt/ast is generally in the normal range, with 1-2 episodes slightly elevated for a while. Liver ultrasounds are always good.

Is simvastin proven to help HepB too? You are saying I should take etv+alinia+simvastin? Is this too much for the body to bear? Sigh...I am really looking forward to the day I can be free from all sorts of medication. It can be quite depressing knowing I have to be on so much medication.
whether Im on the high HBsag side or low?

no way absolutely.there is staning of biopsy for antigenes, which is better than blood antigen quantification but i dont know if that's done in ur area, and biopsy is not such a good thing to make nowadays since we have other tools

Is simvastin proven to help HepB too?

yes, check posts in the community, it doesnt work a lot as monotherapy but etv+sim or inf+sim are the most potent combo, adding alinia to this combo might get even stronger results
sim rarely elevates alt/ast so they must be checked frequently, statins and sim are reported on very large human trial to prevent liver cancer, fibrosis, cirrhosis and portal hypertension since cholesterol is involved in fibrosis production and inflammation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2869246/

sim+etv

i havent understood what 300:1 or 100:1 means but i guess we have to avoid the low doses of sim and try 20mg or 40mg dose and then if no alt/ast rise move to max dose 80mg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19208350

Gastroenterology. 2009 May;136(5):1651-8. Epub 2009 Jan 24.
Simvastatin lowers portal pressure in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a randomized controlled trial.
Abraldes JG, Albillos A, Bañares R, Turnes J, González R, García-Pagán JC, Bosch J.
Source
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clínic, Institut d'Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain.
Abstract
BACKGROUND & AIMS:
Simvastatin improves liver generation of nitric oxide and hepatic endothelial dysfunction in patients with cirrhosis, so it could be an effective therapy for portal hypertension. This randomized controlled trial evaluated the effects of continuous simvastatin administration on the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and its safety in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension.

METHODS:
Fifty-nine patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension (HVPG > or =12 mm Hg) were randomized to groups that were given simvastatin 20 mg/day for 1 month (increased to 40 mg/day at day 15) or placebo in a double-blind clinical trial. Randomization was stratified according to whether the patient was being treated with beta-adrenergic blockers. We studied splanchnic and systemic hemodynamics and variables of liver function and safety before and after 1 month of treatment.

RESULTS:
Simvastatin significantly decreased HVPG (-8.3%) without deleterious effects in systemic hemodynamics. HVPG decreases were observed in patients who were receiving beta-adrenergic blockers (-11.0%; P = .033) and in those who were not (-5.9%; P = .013). Simvastatin improved hepatic, fractional, and intrinsic clearance of indocyanine green, showing an improvement in effective liver perfusion and function. No significant changes in HVPG and liver function were observed in patients receiving placebo. The number of patients with adverse events did not differ significantly between groups. No patient was withdrawn from the study based on adverse events.

CONCLUSIONS:
Simvastatin decreased HVPG and improved liver perfusion in patients with cirrhosis. These effects were additive with those of beta-adrenergic blockers. The beneficial effects of simvastatin should be confirmed in long-term clinical trials for portal hypertension.
Thanks for the article. Am very new to this drug. Can I ask why is etv+sim better than etv+alinia? Is it proven to be more effective in lowering HBsag than Alinia?
Where can I get Sim from? How much does it cost? thanks.

no the combo of all 3 is better, all drugs as mono are weak and all have different sites of action

the minimum effect is prevention of resistance, the best effect is hbsag lowering and if it ever reaches 1000-1500iu/ml additional interferon reaches the highest eradicates rates
hi stef,

is there any posiibility to become Hbsag positive to Negitive
I don't read this thread yet, so it may be possible that the following info to be already discussed: on http://www.hepb.org/professionals/hbf_drug_watch.htm I've notice that Nitazoxanide (Alinia) is in Phase II Egypt, so maybe somebody from Egypt have some more information on this.
Also it is state that Nitazoxanide (Alinia) is Preclinical for HBV - but I don't know what exactly this means.

that website is not reliable

romark has no money the trials never started on hbv and they finished by wasting money on hcv too, FDA requires too much money on trials even on safe drugs or vitamins so these small companies have no way to get approval in US

many are going to asia also for the trials now, like replicor, they save money and can get aproval there without the fda mafia
when is Myrcludex-b going to release into the market? Sources say it can cure Hepatitis B
some news from the chinese forum (i refer to the people that use Alinia) ?

after the last post from stef2011, referring to the fact that lowering ntz the HVB DNA start to increase even if he was under ent treatment it seams that at least alinia has a synergistic effect or even a direct efect, so some update (with history) from other users of alinia are welcome.
ako meron akong known cure sa hepatitis B, C with liver cancer pa. . a revolutionary product in today's market. . it even has it's own line of pharmaceuticals, , the science of transferceuticals. . ang hepa B eh isang viral infection na walang gamot kahit kaninung doctor ka pa magtanong. . hindi lang nila masabi na walng gamot kundi pinapainum ka nila ng mga multivitamins na maganda sa atay tulad ng essentiale forte. . vitamin b complex ata yun if i remember it right? ang sinasabi kong Transfer Factor eh. . hindi gamot, Herb, hormone o vitamins, ito ay isang immune modulator/booster, pag mahina ang immune mo eh iboboost xa pag over reactive naman tulad ng mga sakit na lupus, asthma, psoriasis, eh imomoderate nya,. now, anung kinalaman nito s hepa B? since virus ang hepa at walang gamot ang kailangan ng katawan natin ay mga anti-bodies na lalaban sa hepa, eto yung Anti-hbs makikita nyo sa laboatory parang ganto
Test Name                Result              Remarks
Anti-HBc Igm            0.0413              Negative
Anti HBE                  0.0581              Positive
HBEAG                    0.2562              Negative
Anti-HBs                  0.0781              Negative
HBsAg                     85.3449            Positive

dapat mataas yung anti-hbs para labanan yung hbsag, , ngaun ang immune system natin ang gumagawa ng mga antibodies, ang transfer facator ang kaisa isang product ng nagboboost ng immune system up to 437% compare sa ibang product tulad ng vitamin c 3-6% increase, mga barley, shitake mushroom na pinakamataas sa mga herbs 70+% ang increase. . approved na din sa russia ang product na ito,, although magkalaban ang amerika at russia nagkakaisa sila sa TF* .
magpapalaboratory ako this week . tignan ko effect ng 2 months kong paginom ng TF. mga tsong may pagasa pa sa mga HEPA B reactive like me. .
im EVAN
09325333714
fuge26(at)yahudatkom

oh and approved to ng bfad =) although proven and effective nakalagay na no approved therapeutic claims kasi approved ng bfad. required na lahat ng supplements may nakalagay na ganun sa bote. special ang bote ng philippines sa amerika la ganun. and para sa mga mitikulosong medical people there. nasa list ng PDR (physician's desk reference) ang TF* last 2012.

Good day to everyone.. =)
im HBsAg positive,viral load negative and antigen E also negative,dont know what is the next step of my life,im really worried,cant get a job in medical field also and not sure about getting married.
get hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by architect or elecsys, if less than 1000iu/ml you ll clear by peginterferon
not 100% but very high chances, if more than 1000iu/ml chances will be very low
Hi Stef, I'm 45 and I was aware that I was infected with hbv with hbeag positive 25 years ago after a blood check. Some one year later, hbeag became negative and hbeab became positive after a short period of alt/ast flare. Then ever since it's been quite steady with DNA negative for some 20 years, but in the last 6years,DNA became detected between e3 and e4, alt was always normal, 21 or 22. But through the years hbsag has been decreasing to 190iu in 2014. Late last year in November, DNA was e6,and hbsag increased to 1000iu, alt was 60. A month after in december hbsab was 11miu, which was positive, as well as hbsag+, alt was 90 and ast was 60, DNA remained e6, early this January, alt was 377, ast 180, DNA decreased to e4,then, from that day on I took enticavir, a week later DNA became e3,alt some 300, 2 weeks later, DNA was 240iu, alt still remained at high level, 220,then a week later, alt 76, didn't do DNA check. Ultra sound check was fine except fatty liver.
I guess the DNA decrease was mostly due to immune reaction, not enticavir. I will do blood check on hbsag next month and I do hope immune system has done a good job in decreasing hbsag quant to a Lowe level. I gave a question, can I add Alinia from now, (or from when)? According to my description, do you think I have a good chance to clear hbsag? Thanks.
I guess the DNA decrease was mostly due to immune reaction, not enticavir.

no it was entecavir, your immune system is failing like all chronic ones and the virus keeps mutating to evade it.its best no immune response that an immune response that fails because the last one leads to more mutations and in the end you will not clear even hbsag und, you better start etv, tdf or pegintf and stop mutations plus a low hbsag can clear on tdf too although if less than 1000iu/ml better go for peg

Ultra sound check was fine except fatty liver.

very bad fatty liver can be much worst than being hbv infected if you dont clear it and it is not the liver only but the whole body to have this metabolic disease if you are overweight so by time diabetes, cancer and so on may come

I gave a question, can I add Alinia from now,

no it did not work, just a waste of money and time, pegintf  mon or combo is the best choice

check your fibroscan, a very active immune system can make a lot of damage when you have this for decades better be sure liver is ok
the positive side is if hbsag less than 1000iu/ml go for pegintf combo, improve your vit d levels to max normal and then we see how hbsag goes down
Thank you Stef. After nearly 3 months taking etv, my alt/ast were normalized according to a current blood test, and DNA was undetectable. what surprised me was the sharp decline of hbsag quant, which went from almost 1800 iu down to 60 iu in less than 3 months. it seems my immune system still works well, and even better together with etv.
i'm just a bit worried that, since my alt/ast were normal now, would the immune system still work to kill the ******* *******?
Considering my age, is it a good idea to add interferon? My doctor didn't suggest coz he thought the result showed that etv was good enough for me.

best immune response is without ast/alt elevation but just purging cccdna, maybe elevation happened already in a short period and was missed by tests

Considering my age, is it a good idea to add interferon?

yes it is but use it only if hbsag decline stops, you ll probably clear by etv as a small percentage do, even afriend of mine got extremely low hbsag by etv
Thank you Stef.
why my doctor told me the hbsag sharp decline in my case was due to etv, instead of my immune response?
so i need to check hbsag quant every month to see if it continues to drop, if it stops then add interferon, right?
thank you!
Thank you Stef.

because you misunderstood each other or he is ignorant.etv lowered hbvdna and allowed your immune system to clear hbv...it is not etv directly but without etv you would not clear

yes and get optimum vit d levels by taking vit d3, best is 90-100ng/ml
I need to take vit d when, if necessary, i add interferon later on, or i should take vit d from now?
vit d3 from now 10.000iu daily