alinia
did anybody try alinia with hbv?

it is strange nobody tried it yet since it is not expensive and available at pharmacy
Alinia has anti-HBV effects.  If (and it's a big IF) it become a legit treatment for HBV, it's still a far way off.    Most research for alinia is for HCV.
I know a Chinese man are trying it, just got started, less than 10 days, so, just watch and see.

I keep in touch with him, and I want to try it in 10 days.
One Chinese man is on it, one wants to try it in 2 days.
very very good, i will also try it as soon as i get und and on combo tx to be supersafe anyway

please ask him to check his hbsag quantity since alinia acts lowering hbsag and achieving seroconversion this way, if he is also hbe positive he also must check hbe quantity of hbe and of course hbvdna quantity.
since asian people have very high virus quantity and much less immune response than caucasinas against hbv in general he needs to check all those parameters to see if it is working and i would suggest to combo with antiviral tenofovir if he doesn't see hbvdna und in 6 months

the best results are on hbe negative with 100% hbvund and with the highest seroconversion rates within 1 year, combo with an antiviral is needed to achieve the highest seroconversion rates especially with hbe pos
this is very good because i think trials on hbv will take very long time for the following reasons:
- little money, romark is a little pharma company
- little cost of compound and without patent or with low durability of patent
- a big pharma is selling thier compund in japan for hcv and they probably want to avoid damaging each other markets
- probably replicor will have very good results for seroconversion becoming the main drug and leaving little market to other meds

alinia would be the best med for inactive carriers since they have no other tx available, and since they have low hbsag and alinia works lowering it it would be a very good try
if we get to be 3-4 persons with different immune phases (hbe pos, hbe neg, inactive, low hbsag) trying it we can achieve significant data on its potency, i stress again the best candidates are inactive carriers because they have the lowest hbsag quantity and the strongest immune response among hbv cronic carriers
The guy's medical history:
1. HBe positive for a long time (don't know exact time)  HBV DNA E-8  alt as normal
2.alt ast>2ULN  used Adefovir  then DNA decreased to E-6 (within 2 months), then no decrease
3. then stopped Adefovir, began IFN (1 month), no effect (DNA  E-6)
4.then Lamivudine, effective, 3 months DNA und
5. then stop Lamivudine, then relapsed
6. then changed to enticavir, DNA und within 8 months
7. now, DNA und, but HBe still positive after taking enticavir for 2 years.

So he was really upset, cause his uncle died of liver cancer, so he added alinia to enticavir, just got started it, so, we'll wait and see. He knows all the knowledge about alinia and blood tests, so don't worry about it. He will take blood tests in three months.

The other guy who is going to begin alinia is resistant to all the tx (except tdf, which can't get from Mainland of China), and he can't use IFN either, those put him in a really dangerous situation, so he is on it (I guess he has already received it and began).
He is HBe positive, dna detected, that's all I know.

I am female, 30, HBe positive, DNA E-9, alt 130, ast 85, I want to try alinia first and see how it works after 3 months, if not effective, then add tdf, if effective, then continue until HBsAg negative.
According to the first guy, there is very little side effect, he can't feel it after taking it 2 days, though in the beginning, he felt a little diarrhea.
The second guy's alt and ast have been unnormal for 6 years, and they are between 1-2 ULN. He doesn't think his body can take IFN, so wants to try alinia first.

I wrote a letter to a guy in romark lab, he said,

"We do not have definite plans at this juncture to embark on formal studies of nitazoxanide in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B. However, I am hopeful that sometime later this year we will have the resources to conduct a phase II study using nitazoxanide in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B."

But we can see there are some clinical trials on HCV, flu, so I think we can figure out.

We have to try it ourselves, otherwise, we have to wait at least 3 years
of course consider that being hbe pos with such high hbvdna has very little chance on monotx with alinia so if you don't see any result within 3 month combo with tenofovir, especially to avoid hbv to adapt to it, even though resistance should not be possible.

the first guy is resistant to which antiviral?adefovir and lam?he must add tenofovir if resistant to lam because entecavir doesn't help a lot in this case and even if resistant to adefovir tenofovir still works although less effective.

for the guy who can't have tenofovir, he can order tenofovir generic on this website which is very safe, the name is tenvir, and i do suggest to do it:
http://www.aids-drugs-online.com/productindex.php

prescription is required and this is a real pharmacy with address and phone number, this is also good for those who can't afford tenofovir becuase of high cost.

the generic is produced by cipla and has been approved by FDA for selling outside US since there is a viread patent in US, also HR suggested cipla products some years ago for those who can't afford viread, now they are even FDA approved
i also suggest if possible less stress working and in general and good diet and good sleeping since the immune system will do the job helped by alinia
also check that your vitamin D is at least 50ng/ml, also check zinc level and antiossidants, becuase they have all been found to be low on most hep B patients, so little sun or D supplements and fruits like nuts can help if they are low after checking by blood test.

soluble fiber has also been linked to strong boost of immune system by increasing il4 concentration (il4 is known to lower hbsag), soluble fiber is in fresh oranges, nuts, apples, strawberries and i don't know the name of this in english bread and pasta with the full wheat
in the near future me and my sister will join so we will have also an idea from hbeab pos low hbsag

me: hbe ab positive with hbsag 300S/N, etv tx 4 moths

my sister inactive hbe ab positive carrier with hbsag 323 S/N
i ve sent my email by PM
the first guy isn't resistant to any antiviral. He switched to enticavir for avoding resistance, you can see that he responded to lam very well, but his doctor stupidly suggested him to stop it after DNA und. So for safety, he turned to enticavir.

I'll buy Vit D and take B-50, I would rather to take them directly than do blood tests, that will cost me much and I can feel that I absolutly lack Vit D.

I am not so cautious as you, I don't think resistance to alinia is a problem. So I'll give it a shot. Plus, I have a brother, he has HBV, HBe +, DNA  E-6, alt ast  normal. If I succeed, that will help him. My father had HBV (from his mother), and he recovered automatically at his 50's (we don't know the exact time, cause he never take annul physical test) .

i have been asked where to buy alinia by PM

http://www.merlonipharma.ch/ita_frm_presentazione.htm

this is a real pharmacy to buy online or in the shop, it is in swiss, alinia from romark (not genreics) is about 109euro here
prescription is not required here for alinia since it is a very safe med even for baby 1 yo
before starting alinia it is ery important to have quantification of hbsag in iu/ml, today i spoke with a researcher and he said that baseline quantity is the most important and after tx is started recheck at the 6th month, if there is a decline of at least 1 log and it is continuous the tx is working.
the link is easy, hbsag is produced by cccdna in the liver cells so a decline of hbsag is a decline of cccdna.
cccdna is the template of the virus that aloows persistent infection in the liver, getting rid of cccdna is getting rid of hbv.quantification by s/n is not usefull for this
"before starting alinia it is ery important to have quantification of hbsag in iu/ml".
I knew that but my doctor refused to prescribe that test for me, he thinks DNA is enough. Given our different situations, I think DNA is enough for me until DNA und, after that, I should keep an eye on quatifications of hbsag and hbeag. I am in America now.

Thanks for your link. That website alinia is more expensive and reliable than generic. If I can find a generic alinia in America, that'll be great. Because I am still a student and pay by myself.

The two guys are keeping an eye on the quatification, so don't worry about it.
what's your medical history and family history? Did you and your sister get hbv from your mother or father?

your doctor is of course very ignorant on this matter, that is the most important test.......maurizia brunetto is the researcher who studied this (you can google it to find studies), she has also discovered the precore mutant hbeag minus among other discoveries.
again it is very important to do the test before starting so you can see what is lowering hsag and how and if you are gaining immune control, for example the researcher in pisa asked me to check if the labs have my blood samples from 4 months ago before starting etv so that they can check everything starting before tx, but if it is really expensive skip that

that really a pity in USA you don't have control over your health for free, hope obama will change this (i pay zero in my hometown and about 7usd in pisa research center for hbsag and all other tests, everyone should be allowed to make all blood tests dispite money)

please see links below and how hbv works and what is the meaning of cccdna linked to hbsag in a picture i got from a conference, from there you can see that if we have an hbsag decline we know that cccdna is declining and eradication is getting closer.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRMjUwNjI3YjgtOTI0NC00ZmZhLTk1OGEtMGJlODcxMmU0YzEw&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRM2E0NWE0YjEtOGNlNi00MmQxLWI0OTQtZjUxN2I0MGIzNTVh&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRYjBkNzQ0ZjctZTAyOC00NjgzLWFiYzAtMmNlODFiNGFjNzFk&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRYTRhNmJkMWEtN2M1Ni00Y2YxLWJkNDItNzcyNjY4MjUzNzYw&hl=en

hbvdna doesn't tell anything about immune control and eradication of hbv from liver cells, it just says replication of the virus is less but of course having hbvdna und doesn't mean there is no replication, and even worst cccdna replicating in the liver has almost no link with hbvdna.so hbsag, hbvdna, hbe, alt/ast, they all need to be quantified at a specialized lab.