Hepatitis B Community
am I at risk pleaaaaaaase ??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

am I at risk pleaaaaaaase ??

i had protected sex ( whole time ) with a person who is hep B carrier only 3 times in one encounter

am i at risk ??

you should check hbsag,hbsab,hbvdna pcr for maximum security

risk is low, only hbvdna high viral loads are risky but if you were protected risk is low anyway
thank u very much

but one more question and sorry if i bothered u

if i tested negative at 9 weeks mark for HBsAg and HBV DNA by PCR
can i consider the result as a conclusive and then get vaccination   ??
you are welcome, i am surprised how many people ignore vaccinations, governments are guilty for this culture of vaccination missing

you must get vaccine within 48hours but you can get it anytime even if you are infected with hbsag still negative, it doesn't make any harm

you should be clear of hbsag but recheck after 6 months and make a releaxed and healthy life in this period.as adults about 5% gets cronic (chronic) so even if you get it you are quite safe
and do make vaccine as soon as possible, the one with hbv and hav (hepatitis a and b)
ok I will

thank u very much again
i have a hep b non-reactive, since childhood and my entire family have it, and im concerned if it would be contagious cause im in a relationship..

i will appreciate your response.... thanks.
hep b non-reactive, this means nothing, you mean hbsag non reactive (non reactive means negative)
in case yes you don't have hbv but if antibodies hbsab are non reactive (negative) you must make vaccine to be protected from hbv in the fuuture
I have read that on the CDC site HBsAG will be detected in infected person blood's at 9 weeks
and many doctors said its conclusive at 12 weeks
may I ask u where did get that information ( 6 months ) from ??
Is it updated info ?

thank u

guidelines are very slow on this and updated every year or two in europe and about 5 years in US
to have updated info you should be able to serach and understand the value of the studies

hbsag can be detected very early but and also other markers but this is not really important if you do something risky you just take vaccine within 48hours or even clever you do vaccine at birth
as to cronic (chronic) you can tell after 6months/1 year but the most important thing is to make quantitative tests of antigens to consider it cronic (chronic) or not since many get rid of hbsag even after one year, the bad is these new tests are relatively expensive so us, canada and uk do not use them.
there is much data on hbsg titers from them is easy to predict serconversion
just want to up date

HBsAG negative at 9 weeks

do u think the result is highly unlikely to change ??