Hepatitis B Community
am i infectious to others

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

am i infectious to others

Dear steff

Since my viral load is 51 IU/ML, hbag-positive and hbseag-negetive, hbsab-negetive ( 2 iu/l )  at this stage unprotected sex with wife is sugestable. On 4.2.2011 when wife  was hbsag(screening ) negetive,  since then she  recieved three shots of vaccine( third shot was given on 4.8.11)  but hbsab test is to be conducted.  

hbvdna is detactable so you can infect others by blood and sex

wait for hbsab test, 10% fail vaccine and about 1% when infected dye of fulminant hepatitis, do not run any risk just wait for the test to be >10miu/ml
Hi chiranjeevi104,

Are you on any medication and do you have hepatisis b since childhood, if you do do you remember when did  you seroconvert?
I was diagnose of hbv 10  and sice I was told is an transmit able dieses ,can I stil sex with my wife