Hepatitis B Community
anti HBS reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

anti HBS reactive

can somebody explain this result to me..i had 3 dose of anti hepa b anti hepa a 3 years ago..today i had  test for anti HBS in this is the result...
Anti HBS
cut off value 0.046
patients count 2.466
reactive
is this mean that i am immune to hepa b is this count enough??
Yours is a qualitative test. Usually a quantity of HBsAb > 10mIU/ml is considered to be protective.

5 years ago I had my Hepa B vaccine and checked Anti-HBs with 5.98 value last 2007. But when I checked it now, it's only 1.436. Why does it become lower? If I'll have 3 doses of Hepa B (Engerix B) Vaccine again which will be given in rapid doses, will it become higher up to the protective value of >10?
The quantity of Anti-Hbs do decrease over time, especially when the body is not exposed to the virus all that time. If you are in high risk category for hbv infection, you can consider a booster injection of the hbv vaccine to bring the number up again. Consult your doctor.
thank you very much...