Hepatitis B Community
antibodies after 1st vaccination

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

antibodies after 1st vaccination

A couple years ago i started the series of vaccinations for hep B, but only ended up getting the first one.  6 months later i had a physical and explained what happened to the doctor, and they tested my blood to see if i had developed the anitbodies already. well i had, but i was told this was rare after only one vaccination.  i recently saw another doctor and was told that it was more likely that i was exposed to hep B at some point and that is why i developed the anitbodies.  is it possible to know which actually happened? and if i was exposed to the virus, is it possible to find out whetehr it was before that vaccination or after? if you could get back to me soon, i would greatly appreciate it.