Hepatitis B Community
antibodies to hepatitis b

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

antibodies to hepatitis b

If tested pos for antibodies to hepatitis b ore antigen (anti-HBc, IgG and Igm) what edzatly does that mean??? should i be worried for myself and others around me?? ps tested pos 4 yrs ago
Tags: Hepatitis
Antibody to hepatitis B core antigen (anti-HBc) identifies people who have a chronic infection, however, the results can sometimes be ambiguous. If you test positive for hepatitis B core antibodies, you may have a chronic infection that you can transmit to others. But you also may be recovering from an acute infection or have a slight immunity to HBV that can't otherwise be detected. How this test is interpreted often depends on the results of the other tests.
i was neg for all other hep b testings
i was neg for all other hep b testings

How about HBsAg and anti-HBs?
If only your core antibody is +, then it could be a false +

In general, if core antibody is +, then as cajim suggested, either your HBsAg or anti-HBs will be +

HBsAg +   =  no good
anti-HBs +   =  good