Hepatitis B Community
any updates on GS9620?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

any updates on GS9620?

Are they in phase 2 or 3 now? Seems like very little updates  from them.
Seems like they are doing phase 2 http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02166047
I think the results might be out in September for phase 2 a or b I think
It seems a bit disappointed to me since interferon-free drug is obviously favourable and it works nearly 100% in HCV and gs9260 is literally interferon capsule.

There is no point for Gilead to continue this project.
we are waiting for hopeful news ..
This drug is basically an interferon primer in the body, it has value but likely will not increase interferon production enough to match current injectables.

I think this may be beneficial in conjunction with Nucs and ARC-520 to provide a cure once ARC-520 is approved.

ARC-520 is the key and we should be seeing phase 2a knockdown results by end of next month, better that 80% at 2 mg/kg would be very positive
The results of the phase 2 clinical trial were disappointing, especially when compared to the data reported on its use on chimpanzees. However, I hope a phase 3 will proceed as recommended. Being in a pill form, GS9620 will be ideal as part of combinations as you suggested.

May I ask why the results of ARC520 have not yet been released and are not expected until end of August?
I think because they haven't finished their testing yet on arc520 and it is on schedule and the results will be released (I hope) end of August or early september
Or is it possible they are waiting on that conference in Toronto to release the results? I think this is around the same timeframe.
Results of ARC-520 have always been due in Q3 and according to the CEO today they are right on schedule. Without giving too much hope it seems to me things are sounding very good as he is preparing for 2b and said everything is going to plan, you would have to imagine he has some indication at this point. First patients were dosed almost 6months ago and thus worked very fast in the chimp
Not sure who the author of this is

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=2815&mn=2659&pt=msg&mid=14026504

Aren't we in Q3 now?
Yes, that is why i said they are likely by the end of August. Considering the timeline for the study and data collection, August is a very likely timeframe
If all goes to plan when do you think it will be officially available for us?
http://www.hepb.org/professionals/hbf_drug_watch.htm
There is definitely lots of movement  in drug development for us.

I think they just need to expend the clinical trials to a wider range of possibilities and drug combos.