baraclude(entecavir)?
I have been on lamivudine   and adefovir for 4 years (after resistance to 6 years of lamivudine).I have developed renal tubulopathy because of the toxic effect of adefovir.my DNA is undetectable   ALAT  ASAT  normal.My doctor advised me to take lamivudine every day and adefovir just one pill every 48 hours.He also thinks that he might put me on Baraclude(entecavir) monotherapy.What do you think? Please advise me .Thanks very much for your help.
I see stef 2011 already advised you.If I would be you I would change this doctor ASAP,don't let him damage you anymore than he did!
Your only reasonable choice is tenofovir. Despite its chemical similarity, tenofovir is about 80 times less toxic to the kidneys than adefovir.

I remember a personal discussion about this with Gileads research director, Gibbs, at the time. He said "we had no idea, what a huge difference a single methyl group can make".
thank you very much for paying attention to my problem and advising me  but you know , we live in Morocco and our doctors don't know anything about these new medicines .The last time I saw my doctor he told me that he never heard of someone getting renal problems with Adefovir  and that he needed some time to tell me what the next treatment would be (and that I should stay now with lamivudine and Adefovir for 2 more weeks and see what happens to my phosphorous and creatinine levels   _Adefovir  just one pill every 48hours and lamivudine one pill every day  .According to you only TENOFOVIR is good for me . I shouldn't take Baraclude(are you a doctor?) THANKS  SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP;                          
which has low toxic  on kidneys tenofovir or entecavir?

i believe .. both are potent .. tenofovir is a little bit stronger .. however both can perform the job ..

your only choice is tenofovir because youare already resistanct to all other drugs, no other choice left.if you take baraclude it ll work sometime and then you ll develo 3 or more othe mutations, all this can lead you to death with nothing left to save you and once you are dead the only person you can thanks for this is the butcher (not a doctor).there is no excuse we have internet and you can be on the moon and get all the info

this said that tenofovir is the only drug that can work on hbv for you due to your good doctor it is also the less toxic drug, the cheapest, the most potent with no resistance and the most studied.tenofovir is available since 2000, together with lamivudine is the oldest drug, so strange your doctor knows the latest drugs which are the most expensive and also a damage for you

to improve your kidneys function you have to:
take baking soda, one little spoon daily and theck you urine ph to stay at about 7

use curcumin in your diet, plently
take fibroguard
take vitamin d3 2000iu daily or 5000iu daily to make dserum levels around 40-50ng/ml

check calcium, vit d25oh, kidney function monthly and you ll see improvement