Hepatitis B Community
can interferon clear low hbsag quanti that was high before?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I read here that interféron is very good to clear low hbsag quantitative .
My qts is this .
I have one friend whose DNA was more than 400.000 ui/ml ; hbsag quantity 28.200 ui/ml , we are on the same treatment but his hbsag quant has drop down to 1400ui/ml , dna 7000ui/ml 2months treatment . My question is  :Can he sheeft to interféron ?  Or DNA must be negative first .? if yes which interféron. Because i head there's tablets and injection .  anti rectro virals in my Country are free , that's why i'm really interested . thanks and hoping to read from you soon
What treatment are you both on now ?
Better wait for hbvdna to be und and more decline of hbsag, he might be very lucky to get to less than 1000iu/ml of hbsag, then it is the best momentto addon peg

Best to wait at least 12 months he might clear hbsag on nucs alone
we are taking a natural treatment called Viraly.APL combined with 2 supplimentries called black seed oil and spiriline powder . it is one research center that carries their researches with medicinal plants .
Ok thanks very very much .
Please what are nucs and peg
best regards
Are you sure its chronic hbv ? Since when you know you are HBs+ ?
Yes of course ,4years now ,
A DNA above 2.000.000i/ml is already chronique hepatitis with hbsag quantity more than 8.000 ui/ml .why do you ask that ?
Please Sorte, what are nucs and peg
Nucs mean nucleoside analogues, those are the drugs which you take indefinitive usually, they stop virus from replicating, not many people clear HBsAg on them.
Interferon is immunomodulator which doesn't work well on everyone but it may kick down vial replication to low or und, stabilise ALT and sometimes drives to lose hbsag, it's one year or more of injections with some not very nice side effects. But it works still for a few years after finishing the treatment.
If your hbsag goes down it's good you should wait untill its very low than think about interferon. hbv dna the best if its low or und.
it's also good to know what is your HBeAg and HBeAb status and how ALT changes recently
Yes my hbeag is negatif , hbeab positif , alat 20 asat 16
my fibrotest was A1 f1f2 NOW IS A0F1  don't know what it means
A is inflammation stage, F is fibrosis stage, but Fibrotest is not very accurate test, it's from blood. You should make Fibroscan (it's like ultrasonography, a bit similar device) if you want to get information about your liver fibrosis.
ok , but my hepatogist said my liver has no problem
Sounds like a scammer.
Maybe not a scammer but not very well educated if he talks about your liver state without fibroscan/biopsy. Probably it's ok, but need to confirm with fibroscan. Did he make at least ultrasonography ?
I don't know that test , my doc has never prescribed that test .
where can i have nucs ? are they sold in pharmacies ou super markets
who is  not very well educated? me !!! i'm french speaking , and i'm very sure you cannot write french better  as i'm writting anglish .
  To Elijah256  : Who is a scammer ?  I can prove to you that you sound more dangereuse than a scammer .
  Listen to your intervention ''Sounds like a scammer. '' that's all .Do you know how such interventions are liken to? If you knew who is talking here , but since we are not here for that . i'm here for my health because i had monitored conversations of expert here , people that know's something about hepatitis B . Hoping they can complete search for a complete cure . clean your ears very well before adressing a word to a patient here okey!!

We care more about your health than your doctor who should educate more. We talk about him. It's not possible to say without biopsy/fibroscan (not fibrotest) to say your liver is ok.
I ask again, did he makes at least ultrasonography every 6 months ?
You are attacking people that want to help you,read this forum and educate yourself about Hbv,it is nothing wrong in saying that.We all had to do this at one point,it is in our best interest.
Good luck with your natural remedies
no ,  he has never prescribed ultrasonography , i usaully do but ecography ,alat , asat , DNA  every 6months ,and  fibrotest

TO  lila58 ,Elijah256 , i'm not attacking but i was attacked , may be i did not understand well his/her message . i'm sorry then .
I said earlier  that if i'm here its because i realised that there're expert here that can help me with a + to eradicate this virus in me . sorry and be all fine

I guess ecography is the same as ultrasonography. Better do fibroscan once a few years than fibrotest.
ok, thanks very very much for your attention sorte .
Even after been cured ? if  God bless that i'm cured of course .
Sorte , i have a very big problem and need your help , before i start this natural drugs a months later i was put on lamivudine , when i made this naturopath he questioned me and i accepted  my hepatologist put me  on this  treatment , he asked me to stop it , i was afraid , i accepted but hiddenly i was combining it with his drugs . My friend was put on tenofovir , but he never took it because he also recommanded him not to combine it with his drugs either we stop one and take the other . As i made my results and my DNA was negative , my friend did his and it reduce from 400.000 to 7000,  i told him i was combinding the 2 medications and i confinced him to take tenofovir plus the natural drugs , he did that , but  its about 2 weeks now that things are worsening with him , feeling pains at the right side of his ribs , tired, i'm very afraid , i have asked him  to stop taking tenofovir . i don't know  if he should go and tell the doctor the truth  . Because i went there and informed him about the 2 drugs i was combinding and he was not very happy , he said that's why my hbsag quanti did'nt  drop high , from 8200ui/ml to  5490 , with a 5 months treatment is low .He said it's because lamivudine is weak , if it was entacavir or tenofovir i would have  destroyed my liver because Viraly.apl is stronger than them , when i heard that i was much afraid and trembling .
  Please what should i do !!!!
I don't know a lot about antivirals, but as I know stopping it is not very good idea because it may allow virus to mutate and it will be more resistent for drugs. Lamivudine shouldn't be used at all because it's week and triggers virus mutations too.
I think those side effects don't come from antivirals but from those "natural drugs". What excactly it is ? I'm not asking about the name but what exactly it contains.
No , it can'nt be the natural drugs because he took the natural drugs for 2months without  antivirals and was very fine , his hbsag quantity drops from 28200iu/ml to 1400ui/ml and his alat alos drops down , i also confirm it because yesterday he said he was  feeling more better since he stopped tenofovir .
The drug is composed of medicinales plants .bark
Tenofovir has no sides effects on liver, herbs do, tell us the herbs and we will tell you their toxicity
Toxicity builds up and can show up even after months of feeling good and normal tests, if you tell us the ingredients we can help you otherwise we cant
Australian scientists have found a potential cure for hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections, with a promising new treatment proving 100 per cent successful in eliminating the infection in preclinical models.
You talking binaprint?
i will look at the composition in the parkage and label the names of the ingredients
But something curiouse is that i have seen patients cured of liver cirrhosis with this medication and chronique hepatitis hbsag negative , i will try my own chance , since i don't have anyproblem , i'm just wondering where i can find nucs  so that if my hbsag is less that 1000 i will start taking it
Nucs are to kick down viral load not hbsag, with nucs hbsag decline is usually very slow, only a few patients clears hbsag on them. To decline hbsag you need interferon, not everyone responses and it has side effects, but at least theres a chance.
ok well understood now
these are names of ingredients of the natural medicine i'm taking
-Yellow bark 40o/o
-willow bark 5o/o
-yelow root 10o/o
-twin cane juice 45o/o

Some of this bark are comonly used here  by famillies for the relief  of fever ,such as  yellow bark , i know them very well even children take it , also twin cane juice women used them here for babies , there's no harm these bark and root , i have made rereaches on them , only twin cane i have not seen through internet , the name  is traditional , i don't know the scientifical name . I even tried to question the doctor if the drugs are tocsic in the long run , he showed me a certificate of good quarlity  proving  the drugs were tested , he said i can take it for 2years there will be no harm . I guest it's because he combine the 2 drugs . Because since he stopped the antivirals he is ok now , the pains has rapidely disapeared .  
   Sorte , since  the antiviral i'm taking is weak and was responding with the natural medcations , what do you advice me to do , should i continue combinding the 2 ? because i was afraid and stopped the antiviral .Since lamivudine alone can not eradicate hbsag quantity .
Cane is sugar, sugars are toxic to liver and brain and feed tumors, nothing healthy with this

the other have relatively no sides but herbs are never a good choice unless organic and from wellknown organic sources, anything has been found on herbs sold from pestisides to metals, so theorically this is the only way those sides happened or he s sensitives/alergic to these herbs
Not sugar cane please . twin cane , i know sugar cane , but your explaination about sugar seems to be contraditoire , sugar is found in almost all what we consum , how can we advoid sugar .if it was in that case people will not more live .Because we consum fruits evryday.  I no of twin cane very well , it's not even sweet , it's sour . well thanks for your advice , if you talked of willow  bark and yellow root i will believe you because i have never seen them , but as to yellow bark and twin  cane  , i know them  very well .
   Now that there's no drug for hepatitis that can eradicate the virus completely in the hospital , researchers are well place turn too , because even doctors in the hospital wait for their researches to be used .
some countries are used to traditional medicine , i understand you very well , but here we mostly take natural plants than medical . esp the hausa's .
hbsag quanti of my friend has shout up to 12.000ui/ml  mine has dropped down to 1600ui/ml , we were oblige to explain the problem to his hepatologist, but surprisenly he told him to continue with viraly++ and stop taking tenofovir .he warned that he should never combine the 2 drugs and that he has tested viraly++ and its very efficient .