can someone intepret this for me?... please i need help... i am starting to get worried...
HBsAg w/Titer (ECLIA) REACTIVE
Anti HBs (ECLIA)         NON-REACTIVE
HBeAg (ECLIA)            NON-REACTIVE
Anti HBe (ECLIA)         REACTIVE
Anti-HAV IgM (ECLIA)  NON-REACTIVE
Anti HBc IgG (ECLIA)   REACTIVE
Anti HCV (ECLIA)         NON-REACTIVE

my ALT is 8

and my hbv dna results are
METHOD : RT-PCR (TAQMAN)
RESULT : 38,497 IU/ml
224,053 copies/ml

can someone please help me....
am i infectious?
yes you are and you have cronic hbv

hbv and liver damage are two different things, hbv makes liver damage only when replication is high so don t worry what matters is that you know you have it and can stop it when and if it ever makes liver damage

hbv is a silent killer so you are lucky you know, many don t know so they will get by many many years to cirrhosis and liver cancer and will only find out when dying

check here for more info:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=153

the only tests you need are:
fibroscan to know if there is any liver damage at least yearly
ultrasound every 6 months for liver cancer prevention

your replication requires therapy because hbvdna is higher than 2000iu/ml, but your alt is normal below 30 so i would check for liver damage and if you have damage below f2 (7kpa) i'd just monitor and no therapies are required

at the moment there are no drugs for hbv, you can only lower replication to stop liver damage if present
thanks for your reply....

is there a way that eventhough i have chronic hbv, my hbsag could be negative?? or it will stay positive forever?

you know i am a newly licensed engineer, and i really want to work.. last 2 weeks i got my first job and the results of my medical came in after a few days and it says that my hbsag is positive, so the company is forced to fire me.. now i don't have any job, im so deppressed that my ambitions could be only a dream forever....

most of the companies are very strict when it comes to this disease..

only if hbsag is lower than 1500iu/ml (only iu/ml is a valid unit) you have high chances of making it negative by nitazoxanide and peginterferon combo, the higher the less chances.hbvdna is useless to predict hbsag seroconversion.

we are also trying nitazoxanide+tenofovir and nitazoxanide+tenofovir in our ntz group but the strongest combo is ntz+interferon and since interferon has 12-24 months of maximum therapy if you don t serconvert you can try ntz+tnf or ntz+etv after

nitazoxanide is off label, you can find more info in the other posts in the community

you need this test to see hbsag and it is not widely avaiable in every country.Abbott architet hbsag quantification in iu/ml
if hbsag declines you might get rid of it in 5-10 years, very few get rid of it within 5 years and almost none in 1 year.
if hbsag stay syeady hbsag seroconversion is probably not possible
i have this result in my hb profile

HBsAg w/Titer (ECLIA)
result: 2793.000 iu/L
reference: C.O.V. 1.000
comments: REACTIVE....

is my hbsag very high?? but the units is not in IU/mL.... its IU/L....
is there a way that i can send u a print screen of my hepatitis profile?? or can i send images here???
HBsAg w/Titer (ECLIA)
the number reflects reagent not hbsag quantity, it is not possible to have hbsag quantification, you might only use it to see if it increases or decreases but not accurate in this too

thanks for all the help..

btw, i just got my liver ultrasound, and it says the liver is not enlarged. it is homogeneous in echotexture with no focal lesion. the intrahepatic ducts are not dilated. the portal veins are unremarkable.

conclusion:
normal liver sonogram..