Hepatitis B Community
can you contract hep B like that.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

can you contract hep B like that.

I may sound little paranoid but I need to ask this.
I went to a car workshop shop today. I was sitting on chair there when this scissor slipped from the tool-shelve and poked my right thigh. I was wearing jeans that time. the blood didn't come out but i saw two tiny red spots. kinda like little acne scars. one of the guys at the workshop told me that the same scissor dropped on the workers before but it happens very often, like once in a year or six months. I am little worried. I don;t know if I've contracted the virus or not. because in my country there are many people who suffer from HepB.
So go the the hospital and get tested for hbv
no, go to the hospital and get vaccinated. Vaccine will work a few weeks after the exposure.
Yes bro. But I tried hbig here, but I did not get it when I suspected I was newly infected