Hepatitis B Community
chanca piedra

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

chanca piedra

how does it works?
just try that one..i'm still taking chanca piedra and its good so far..
Where can I buy it in US?
I searched and i found it on amazon.com but i have no idea which one to order.
or ebay.com
buy herbs only at pharmacy or reliable distributors, at normal shops or ebay herbs are mixed with lamivudine and other cheap failed antivirals, not to menthion any person posting here can steal money from you

herbs are off topic here, to discuss about herbs the forum is here:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HBV-Treatments-but-not-by-IFN-or-antiviral-drugs/show/627
is there any problem if we discuss herbs here? especially chanca piedra..i read your comment from that link and i think you had a bad experience with chanca piedra?
try also fig leaves with white cumins in combo..
anyone have any recommendations on where to buy chanca piedra in the U.S.? either mail order or in stores?
Amazon has it... but who knows what this is..

I tried phyllanthus once when I had high VL, and I was doing weekly viral load measuring and it kept on going up.

In all what I have learned about this disease there is really no magic bullet so far other then interferon for us as it always was.

As for herbs if they did work against HBV in China, Korea and other asian countries they would already have a good blend to take to clear hbv. There it is an endemic.

All this is very tempting of course to wish.. and maybe it does offer some benefit. But why aren't they are looking at this plant more closely? Even people that take. You have that sub forum that Stef2011 gave a link, if you have HBV with active virus, please measure your reading... monthly. Be your own doctor guys.
stef2011 is an hbv expert, you can call him a patient pioneer of fighting hbv. If we had all doctors to know as much as he knows, we would have less HBV sick people world wide, more would be cured, with the stuff this guy knows.

Those of us that went along way with hbv, we don't buy quick fixes easy. That is not to rule phyllanthus plant though. And I think those of you that are taking it need to get this thread going http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HBV-Treatments-but-not-by-IFN-or-antiviral-drugs/show/627 get the people involved here and show your labs. These days it is possible for patients to be doing their own clinical trials, in groups on line and uploading their labs so we can all see the results.

In order to say something cures HBV you need to show proof, that it actually does.
here is what they write on phyllanthus.. and six years ago, I tried it, but my VL was going up....  I took Phyllanthus amarus

===================================================
Phyllanthus amarus: This is by-far the most promising natural cure for chronic hepatitis B. According to several studies, this plant (herb) is said to have curative properties by suppressing transcription of hepatitis B virus messenger RNA (mRNA) (Ott et al., 1997).  It does this by inhibiting hepatitis B virus enhancer I activity. Within the virus' genome, there are enhancer regions where enhancer-binding proteins, called transcription factors, attach to and allow the virus' DNA to be copied. In other words, these transcription factors "enhance" the viral replication process by binding to these enhancer DNA sequences. This herb down-regulates transcription of hepatitis B virus mRNA (the precursor of viral proteins) by a specific mechanism involving the interactions between hepatitis B virus enhancer I region and transcription factors (Figure 5) (Ott et al., 1997). Said differently, this natural chemical compound blocks the binding of transcription factors with enhancer DNA, and as a result, prevents the production of hepatitis B mRNA. Other studies have shown that an aqueous extract of Phyllanthus amarus inhibits endogenous hepatitis B viral polymerase and binds to the surface antigen of hepatitis B virus in vitro (Venkateswaran et al., 1987).
what kind of chanca piedra you tried?because i take the fresh whole plant and boiled it and  drink 2 glass per day..so far so good since i tried chnca piedra 2months ago.. i dont know the effectiveness commercially introduced chanca piedra in capsule and tea because they are not fresh..i believe that there is no such disease which is not curable in this world by herbs, the worse thing here is there are people wants to make money from millions of people who are infected..
maybe stef2011 knows everything about HBV but not the CURE, he's just an expert of the virus but little knowledge about herbal medicines..i'm not an expert of herbal medicine but what i mean is there is cure in herbal medicine..just beleive and have faith..thanks
zohan,

can you post a link to the chanca piedra you bought?
what was your viral load before & after starting it?
Thanks.
Yes exactly please post your lab results so we can all see.

What you say about the drug companies that they care about profit that is all true but at the same time they can show proof their medications work.

Logically yes there must be a natural compound that can be affective against hbv. So far they have not found one.

You have to understand hbv causes no symptoms pretty much that is why it is called a silent killer. And some people with active disease that come here  for advice  may start taking phyllanthus  that will make their disease worse. I have proof with viral loads that  a herbal supplement of phyllanthus amarus had no affect on hbv viral load taking it kept increasing hbv dna.

Taking it as tea or capsules should not make it that much of a difference. I give you an example. Taking milk thistle as a hepatoprotector  works regardless  how you take it.
i have my own chanca piedra plant that's why i dont buy commercially introduced chanca piedra..i'm taking also vitamins like Vit. C, E and silymarin to boost immune system..
yes, it depends also on how would the body respond..i suggest to take freash chanca piedra the whole plant and make a tea from it after the harvest it's because you might lose some other chemical content that would be helpful for HBV..have you tried chanca piedra veteranB?
we don't have chanca piedra here.. only in capsules. And you are right no one knows what they can be putting into these capsules. How much the actual plant contents.

But since you take chanca piedra and have access to grow it, show us your lab reports... to see how it works and if it works.

Just going by feel is not very indicative of anything. When I had 5,000,000 copies/ml  hbv dna  I felt nothing..  I started to feel it when the virus went up to 24,000,000 c/ml

Keep in mind human body is very resilient and adapts well to almost everything.. so without pcr DNA tests and other tests monitoring your liver function it is impossible to say if it works.

We the patients yes need to do our own research and medication trying. But if we are doing it, back up what you are saying with solid evidence that it works.. Otherwise some one comes to this forums and takes your advice for his HepB - and takes chance piedra - and it does not work then what does he do if he develops cancer?

At least with nucs there is solid proof they work at lowering viral dna. They are yes toxic and dangerous drugs that should not be used for longer then 3 years.. but that is debatable.

With chanca piedra ALL of it is questionable..  That is what I am trying to say..
veteran,
they sell the tea form in the U.S. but i do not know how good it is.
Here is an example

http://www.amazon.com/Chancapiedra-Stone-Breaker-3-5-Oz/dp/B008MC42RK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1352767386&sr=8-8&keywords=chanca+piedra+tea

why do u say nucs should not be used longer than 3 years? my dr told me i would need to take it for the rest of my life (i'm in my 40s)

That is what doctors say here. Take antivirals life time. You ask him to show you the safety data on nucs - especially all that has being reported from hiv infected patients.

Use interferon treatments repeated cycles is better for us. Antivirals can be used in a combo therapy or in between interferon cycles the so called sequential therapy.
Try the tea or the capsules they have there and see the results. I would try it if i was not on etv. It will interact with CP.

You can measure your viral load every two weeks  and then you will know if it works. Also you can share your findings here.

Guys that advocate here the use of chanca piedra start putting a control group together of people on this forum. Every two weeks or a month measure your viral load. This is how we will know.
i can give you fresh chanca piedra from philippines jus know first your viral load before taking it i will give you free chanca piedra
i will give you fresh chanca piedra here in philippines...but you have to know first your viral load before taking it.
I was tested last february and my viral load is 39 IU/ml i dont know my viral load before i was taking chanca piedra but my HBEag before was 822..
When is your next test? Please post result. I am also planning to take chanca piedra.
I just read joshmar03 recently hbsag seroconvert.
asually am taking it now, the one in capsule form, before the lab test my doctor was saying that he want to know if am a carrier because it affecting my liver he now said let see with in some months to see the result, so l started taking the milk thistle and some vitamin supplement and chanca piedra 2month later l now went for test again when l call him to know the result of the test he said that the liver is going down and am not a carrier yet that means there is improvement for now
Could you post the lab result?
Im also using chanca piedra and its been a month now. I will post here the effects after I will have a lab test.
Guys you have to post lab results. If it works we need to know. You have to do baseline and then every months to see what happens. It may actually take several months before it will start working to get noticed.