Hepatitis B Community
chronic hepa B - HBeAg Non Reactive and Anti-HBe Reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

what is meant by HBeAg (0.190 patient's result; 1.000 cut-off value; NON-REACTIVE; 0.460 negative control) and Anti-HBe (0.037 patient's result; 1.000 cut-off value; REACTIVE; 2.006 negative control? My HBV-DNA detected is less than 6 IU/ML. My SGPT (ALT) is 63.44 U/L. Kindly explain. Thank you!
hbeag and hbeab has no meaning in terms of infection clearance, hbeag positive has more chances to eradicate hbv infection making hbsag negative

hbeag infection is more aggressive because there is more virus replication, it can become severe at older age when liver gets more damaged by replication

My HBV-DNA detected is less than 6 IU/ML.
little meaning as well in terms of infection clearance.it just means less liver damage and hcc/cirrhosis risk

My SGPT (ALT) is 63.44 U/L.
you have to check if this is due to virus replication or fatty liver

you are missing the most important test of all if there is an hbv infection, liver damage and the only tool to detect liver damage is a biopsy or a fibroscan

the other important test you are missing is ultrasound, whch cannot detect liver damage but can detect liver cancer before it is too late for treatment, this test mut be made very6 months because if a HCC develops after 6 months it is not treatable anymore.it also detects fatty liver although ultrasound cannot tell the severity of fatty liver

with hbvdna 6iu/ml the alt should be due to other reasons than hbv
thank you very much stefano for the info.

Actually, last april 19, 2008, I had my liver ultrasound, the result was: The liver is normal in size, contour and texture. no discrete mass lesion nor dilated intrahepatic ducts. Impression: Normal liver study.

Praise God because my husband was HBsAg NONREACTIVE because his count was 0.01; <0.13 cut off.

With regards to my SGPT (ALT) which is 63.44 U/L; the reference range was (30.00 - 65.00); does this only mean that it's NORMAL?

When I went to the doctor last jan. 25, 2010, my doctor's remarks after reading the results of my hepa test was "She has undetectable viral load and negative HBeAg indicating low infectivity. Fit to continue to work."

Is it possible that I can work abroad specifically Qatar if I will present this certification if ever the agency's clinic will detect the hepa?

But i believe with all of my heart that God healed me already. It's just that I wanted to get additional info regarding this virus.

Thank you very much!

God bless you....

Sincerely,

Nelle

very strange but maybe they have adfferent partcular machine so they are normal and in line with hbvdna 6iu/ml, ont worry about fatty liver

sorry i dont know i hope you can get hbsag negative

hello!

oh, okay, no worries... thanks a lot for the response...

regards,
nelle