Hepatitis B Community
condoms safe for hepatitis?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

condoms safe for hepatitis?

Good afternoon. Recently I had protected vaginal and oral sex (receiver) with a CSW. I am sure that condom was intact and was used properly. Based on different posts that I read and also answers to an earlier question from my side, I can exclude a risk for hiv or other STD. However there is a rumor that a condom is not 100% safe to and exposure of hepatitis B and C. Would you be so kind to reply to my question if a condom is not totally safe concerning hepatitis? Tongue kissing can that also be a cause for infection due to hepatitis? I really appreciate your comment. Please!

if you are an adult with an immune system not damaged by unhealthy diet or drugs (of course drug addicts have no immune system) hbv makes nothing to use because it is cleared with no damage.

hbv vaccine is the answer or just get it and clear it so you are immune, not condoms

hbv is a problem only when transmitted at birth, it gets cronic (chronic) only that way and on few adults with damaged immune systems less than 4% of adults
thank you for your reply. Can you also answer my question if a condom protects against hepatitis? Appreciate your answer.
Dear Stef. Probably I did not completely understood your answer. My remaining question is, does a condom protect for retrieving hepatitis B and what kind of risk do I have, taking into account that I used a good quality condom. Would you be so kind to answer ghis question?