Hepatitis B Community
confused

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

confused

Hello, this is my first time and i know there has been a lot of first times, but i am so worried because i have just found out I am positive for chronic hepatitis B. I am confuse because I thought I was vaccinated at age 7 i am now19 will be 20 in two days. I guess I had it before, from somewhere maybe parents I don't know. i just have a few question. I am going for an urtrsound they have also taken some blood work to check something i do not understand. the doctor said the numbers are low which is i guess that is a good thing..or did she said it was high...well i don't know she said the number was at some level which is good for me cuz the numbers are like that.
the doctor said I am not active my first question i did not understand the doctor
* what does being non-active mean!!!
* can i still have babies, cuz i truly love kids i even plan to open a day care, once i get a degree after college, to not have my own kids will just be soo devastating
*can it become active? can i stop it so it does not become active?
* i don't drink i have never even tasted wine and i dont plan to and i dont smoke or drugs or anything bad rather then just junk food.
*is there anything i should stay away from, eating, doing anything at all so it can not come active.
*can it ever become active, can a person live for lives rest of their life with a non-active.
*if worst come to worst and i need a liver transplant and i get it will everything be fine..or will i still have the virus.
And why didn't the doctors find this earlier, i mean i took all my shot...they should check right, cuz schools ask for these things, now i am in college I am shock they did not find this earlier, and i use to get a lot of shot when i was growing up, my mother even use to chase me down the streets just to get them...why didn't the doctors see this
hi although I can't answer your questions, I can feel you worry. I had known I was Hep B Chronic carrier since young but never bothered to monitor my situation. My aunt recently passed away from liver cancer 2 weeks after diagnosis. I am very worried now and is planning to go for ultrasound test etc but still finding answers online.
I think you will have to be more specific about your blood test results for more info. At least, post your results for:
Hep B Surface Antigen (hbsag)
Hep B Surface Antibody (hbsab)
Hep B Core Antibody (hbcab)
Hep B E-Antigen  (hbeag)
Hep B E Antibody (hbeab)

If you know these, you can look up the interpretations here:
http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hepatitis_b/test.html

I think if you get the baby immunized at birth, there is a 90% chance they will be virus free.

I believe there is a chance it can become active, but most carriers exhibit no symptoms for a long time, but suffer liver damage which can lead to cirrhosis and/or liver cancer. There are good drugs (baraclude and viread) available now so many people can avoid this fate.

Chances are that you won't need a liver transplant if you carefully monitor the disease, and get it treated. Getting a liver transplant can definitely extend your life, but getting any organ transplant means that you will be on anti-rejection medication for the rest of your life. After the liver transplant, they will aggressively treat the hep b with hep b immune globin (hbig), which are the antibodies gathered from people with high immunity to hep b. They will likely treat you with the drugs I mentioned above for the rest of your life. My dad got a new liver over 10 years ago, and though it took a while to recover, he is still doing well.