confused
Hello, this is my first time and i know there has been a lot of first times, but i am so worried because i have just found out I am positive for chronic hepatitis B. I am confuse because I thought I was vaccinated at age 7 i am now19 will be 20 in two days. I guess I had it before, from somewhere maybe parents I don't know. i just have a few question. I am going for an urtrsound they have also taken some blood work to check something i do not understand. the doctor said the numbers are low which is i guess that is a good thing..or did she said it was high...well i don't know she said the number was at some level which is good for me cuz the numbers are like that.
the doctor said I am not active my first question i did not understand the doctor
* what does being non-active mean!!!
* can i still have babies, cuz i truly love kids i even plan to open a day care, once i get a degree after college, to not have my own kids will just be soo devastating
*can it become active? can i stop it so it does not become active?
* i don't drink i have never even tasted wine and i dont plan to and i dont smoke or drugs or anything bad rather then just junk food.
*is there anything i should stay away from, eating, doing anything at all so it can not come active.
*can it ever become active, can a person live for lives rest of their life with a non-active.
*if worst come to worst and i need a liver transplant and i get it will everything be fine..or will i still have the virus.
And why didn't the doctors find this earlier, i mean i took all my shot...they should check right, cuz schools ask for these things, now i am in college I am shock they did not find this earlier, and i use to get a lot of shot when i was growing up, my mother even use to chase me down the streets just to get them...why didn't the doctors see this
hi although I can't answer your questions, I can feel you worry. I had known I was Hep B Chronic carrier since young but never bothered to monitor my situation. My aunt recently passed away from liver cancer 2 weeks after diagnosis. I am very worried now and is planning to go for ultrasound test etc but still finding answers online.
I think you will have to be more specific about your blood test results for more info. At least, post your results for:
Hep B Surface Antigen (hbsag)
Hep B Surface Antibody (hbsab)
Hep B Core Antibody (hbcab)
Hep B E-Antigen  (hbeag)
Hep B E Antibody (hbeab)

If you know these, you can look up the interpretations here:
http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hepatitis_b/test.html

I think if you get the baby immunized at birth, there is a 90% chance they will be virus free.

I believe there is a chance it can become active, but most carriers exhibit no symptoms for a long time, but suffer liver damage which can lead to cirrhosis and/or liver cancer. There are good drugs (baraclude and viread) available now so many people can avoid this fate.

Chances are that you won't need a liver transplant if you carefully monitor the disease, and get it treated. Getting a liver transplant can definitely extend your life, but getting any organ transplant means that you will be on anti-rejection medication for the rest of your life. After the liver transplant, they will aggressively treat the hep b with hep b immune globin (hbig), which are the antibodies gathered from people with high immunity to hep b. They will likely treat you with the drugs I mentioned above for the rest of your life. My dad got a new liver over 10 years ago, and though it took a while to recover, he is still doing well.