Hepatitis B Community
confusing hbv lab results...need help please
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

confusing hbv lab results...need help please

Do i still considered as hepa b positive if my HBV DNA result is <6 IU/ml?limit of quantitation:6-110,000,000 IU/ml(11U=5.82 copies/ml),my other tests are as follows:
HbsAg=reactive;value is 5372;cut-off value=1.0
anti-HBs=nonreactive
HBeAg=nonreactive
anti-Hbe=reactive
anti-Hbc(IgM)=non reactive
Anti-HBc=reactive
ultrasound=mild fatty liver changes
I never had an experience of sex etc,not undergone blood transfusions,mother is not infected,i did pricking blood for monitoring blood sugar to patients,that's all,i am so depressed when i learned about it but i am enlighten(little)somehow when i got my hbv dna result,help me please..
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
of course hbvdna is meanless as regards hbv infection, it is used as a measure of nucs antivirals activity but usless to define infection because hbv infection and life cycle happens inside the liver and inside cells too, so having hbvdna und in the blood means lower dna replication only

hbsag is the main drive of all the infection and its quantification in iu/ml

HbsAg=reactive;value is 5372;cut-off value=1.0
this is not hbsag quantification but just qualitative and the number is useless.this test is very obsolete, prbably an elisa, it cannot detect all hbsag types and cannot make quantification

check hbsag quantity as soon as possible, if less than 1500iu/ml pegintf can clear hbv with highest chances, also monitor liver by fibroscan which is the only test to detect fibrosis/liver damage (apart biopsy...not a nice one)
Blank

by the way i had hbvdna und many times in my life, dont be fooled by having hbvdna und, keep monitoring anyway
Blank
thank you stef2011 in giving time answering my query,really m so confused.what is the name of the test that checks hbsag quantity?
Blank
hello again,is serology test and hepa b profile the same?
Blank

only two machines can make hbsag quantification and many labs and doctors are so ignorant about this that it is better to tell them exactly machine:

hbsag quantification by abbott architect, unit iu/ml, range 0.05-250iu/ml, blood sample needs manual dilution for hbsag higher than 250iu/ml which is 99.9% of cronic (chronic) carriers.new automated kits are available from 2012

hbsag quantification roches quant elycsys, all automated, unit iu/ml
Blank
ah ok,i really need some guidance step by step because they are not helping me in the clinic.they just refer me to have these and that,what i need is for my treatment,i dont care if unfit to work..hi stef do you have in mind what clinic or hospital or best doctor will i go for evaluation and further test?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...