Hepatitis B Community
cowgirl225

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

cowgirl225

While having test for an operation, I was told I had Hepatitis B.  I was sent to another doctor who specializes in Hepatitis.  He did blood test.  After the results came back, I recieved a call saying I was benign but that I could still be a carrier.  I have been married for 20 years and my husband does not have Hep B.  The Dr.'s office then said that I probably was not a carrier.  I do not need to do anything at this time and should be checked yearly.  I don't know what benign Hep B is.  Are results like this common?  Could I have had a false negative?  I have not had sex outside my marraige nor do we do drugs.
Where do you reside?  Because what the doctors told you is very strange.  If two blood tests came back postive for HepB and a specialist said you could be a carrier, it's likely your could have chronic inactive HepB.  If it's this, then you have HepB and it's not "benign" condition.  You need to further investigate this.  Ask them for copies of your labs, especially your HepB panel.  Post it here for some feedback.  Until you get a clearer picture, don't have sex.
There are plenty of people in this world who like to give advice on things they know little about,I also have B@C  but the B is just hanging out not causing any trouble. My advice to you would be,Have a great life and wonderful sex with your man of 20 yrs , put your B in the back of your mind somewhere and be happy on what the doc said. The next thing and very important is to delete the bookmark to this board so your not tempted to come here and worry about nothing. Peace Out
Keep it going for the HepB'ers

I have seen quite a few HepB post but not that many replies and got curious as to why and started looking and it seems that it has been that way for a long time according to the link below. Maybe it’s about time that MedHelp breaks down its Hepatitis Group in its main “Directory” into more specific groups such as A, B and C. Not trying to run anyone off but just as much awareness is being raised about hepb as hepc.  I’ve read travel magazines in doc’s office and have seen many advertisement for vaccines and about HepB. Keep helping the pop in's

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Hepatitis_B.html

jasper
If you have chronic B and choose to ignore it, that's your choice. If someone comes here looking for answers it sounds like they have already chosen a different path.
Geterdone - Thanks for the comments.  I think it would be a good idea to break down the Hepatitis groups.  Maybe that would encourage more HepB poster.  I could see as it stands now how a HepB individual being new to this forum would feel out of place given the majority are HepC post.

SnoWav -  After reading your post, I assume your comment was directed to my post.  So allow me respond.  Unfortuately, I do know about HepB.  And sadly, more than most.  It's ironic that you would give such advice given what you wrote about people who like to give "advice on things they know little about".  Why would you tell someone to forget about a (possible) siginificant disease without that person being aware or haivng understanding of the lab results.  I suggested the original poster to clarify her condition and not to have sex before doing so.  The reason: even if she is an inactive carrier, what if her hsuband is neither infected or immune?  I would think he probably should get vaccinated against HepB.  Perhaps you are an inactive carrier for HepB (and I hope you are) but don't assume such of others and giving them advice to live in ignorant bliss.  You wouldn't say that to someone with HepC, why would you say that to someone with HepB.  There is no such thing as a healthy carrier or benign HepB.  It is this passiveness and misinformation that many with HepB are seeking help a little too late.  It's sad that HepBs outnumber HepCs by a wide margin but HepBs are the minority of this forum.  ALL HepB individuals should monitor their disease, period.