Hepatitis B Community
cured of Hepatitis B virus

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

cured of Hepatitis B virus

Hi to evryone here
Please i need help , i have taken a traditional medecine for 54weeks and my PCR is negative
The qts is :CAN I TAKE A VACCINE?
pcr negativemeans nothing as clearance of infection, chronic hbv flactuates naturally with periods of hbvdna und without any treatment and hbvdna does not reflect infected cells in the liver

hbsag quantity in iu/ml is the test you need to know if you are clearing the infected cells in the liver, once hbsag is und and hbsab high titer you have immune control of the infection

vaccine is useless as long as hbsag is detactable
Please , i a woman , i made a mistake during registration
I don't understand all those medical therms , but let me give the result then you interpret pls
Viral load 0.45log less than 10iu/ml  PCR negative
Alat 10 asat 20
  Please tel me what to do .
hbsag quantitative in iu/ml and hbsab quantitative antibody in miu/ml, these tests are performed by abbott architect or roches elecsys
hbvdna pcr is not indicative for hbv infection clearance and even if it says "not detected" it is just not detected in the blood while it is always detected in the liver if hbsag is detactable in blood
So taking a vaccine is not advisable , since the virus is still present in the blood not so??  
  If yes , should i continue treatment  until  my hbsag is negative  before i can take a vaccine ? is that what you meant pls
You should test hbsag quantity in iu/ml first of all. Vaccine is not what you need at he moment. What treatment you are talking about, what ate you taking?
Ok , I will test for "hbsag quantity in iu/ml" i will inform my father about it .he is the one taking care of my health . For the treatment i'm takings it's a traditional medicine my father commanded from Cameroon in a form of tisane .i drink it like tea. My doctor just encourage me to continue with the drugs though my viral load is less than 10iu/ml  , he said i should take it again for 3months then he will precriped me an exams , i will asked him if this exam is "hbsag quantity in iu/ml"
I think this tea drink is good for your liver but whatever it is it has no affect on the virus, there is no a natural remedy that can cure HBV. So you can drink it as much as you want if it is harmless. With such low viral load you probably do not need any other treatment because I resume that you are young and your liver is still good and you are hbe negative, but there is no guaranty for this. So you had better do ultrasound and fibroscan on your liver to make sure that it is fine. Then if it is ok you can do nothing and check your liver twice a year on u.s. and f.s. and test ALT, Hbs quantity and Viral load  every 3-6 month. And if it is all ok just keep healthy life style, no smoke, no alcohole, no junk food.
By the way if you plan to get pregnant you may need to take real drugs like tenofovir.
but my viral load was 6.25log and my alat 110 asat 175 when i started treatment ,  what do you meant by  "it has no affect on the virus" does this mean the drug is'nt good?
only hbsag quantity can be a good effect on infection and this never lowers fast
hbvdna and alt-ast flactuates naturally on and off drugs with no effect on virus and infected cells while a constant decline of hbsag means you are getting rid of the virus
VL and alt fluctuate as stef has mentioned, or you may have seroconverted to hbe neg or you maybe was acute and recovering it can be anything. But the drug that you take has no commotion to that, and it is maybe a good drug for the liver, but hbv is not curable with herbal treatments.
It does not mean that you do not need to take it,, it most likely helps to calm the inflammation in the liver.
If you tell more details about your tests and the components of the herbal treatment, you will get more detailed answer.
Hi alice424,

I when through your comments and i found that you are a Cameroonian and i will like to get some information from you that can help me too.

i'm a Cameroonian HBV carrier about 2 yrs today but never found any better medication to start with.

1) I will like to know more about the traditional medicine you are talking about
2) where presently in Cameroon taking the treatment?
3) where do u test your viral load?

you have been on treatment for very long time now and I'm sure to get some information and help from u.

You know we in Cameroon suffering from this virus because we don't have the better medicine like Tenofovir, Entecavir etc... and they are many hbv test that we can't do it here.

please reply me

hospital in ghana and other african states ship blood samples to south africa for testing or you may ship samples yourself to labs posted in the forum , indian labs are the most helpful for this service

as already said hbvdna is not a test for clearance of infection

tenofovir is also available to buy on many websites if not available in cameroon  and it will help block liver damage if there is any but just that

at the monment the only thing to clear hbsag which means to clear hbv is: sequential treatment of many years of tenofovir and then peginterferon add on

again do not be fooled by hbvdna tests they do not mean clearance of infection and are not meant for use to check clearance of hbv infection

hbsag quantitative in iu/ml is a much easier and cheaper test than hbvdna so it is strange they have hbvdna pcr in cameroon and not hbsag quant
Dear stef2011,

Thanks very much for your reply I read many of your comments on this forum and I’m happy to know that they are good people out there willing to help others with good information and advices.

I will like to ask if you have any idea on the procedure shipping blood sample to South Africa or Indian labs for testing? I’m not too sure is possible here in Cameroon and if it’s possible I’m sure the procedure will be very complicated and expensive.

I will be happy if alice424 can tell me where she did the HBV-DNA test because I have been in many hospital and talk to many doctors but they make me to understand that no one can do the hbv-dna test here in Cameroon and that is possible only abroad, all they can do is SGOT (AST) and SGPT (ALT) etc..

stef2011, how do I know if I’m HBV acute or Chronic? Which type of test I really need to carryout to know my stage.

Since I was diagnosed with hepatitis B on the 25/01/ 2012 my doctor advice me to take this drug named CHOPHYTOL which I did it.

Here are some information about the medicine  

http://*****************/question/index?qid=20090320154235AA42PQ4
Please does anyone know anything about this medicine? Can this drug help me for my HBV?

Waiting for your reply and more help and advices.
http://lekarstwo.ru/en/preparati/chophytol.html
hbcab igm if posiive acute and you ll clear if negtive chronic

check old posts in the forum for indian lab hbsag quantity, the indian lab will tell you how to ship
3) where do u test your viral load?

1)  In Nigeria
2) in Nigeria
3) France CEBA  laboratory

I thank everybody for the differents explinations , my doctor encourage me to continue treatment for 3 to 4months again to test for HBs Ag , he said if that test is negative, then , the virus is complitely eradicated  , is that  true ?
End of treatment is when you develop hbs-antibodies in quantity about 100 iu/ml and hbsag is undetected.
If you are acute you should 95% recover in 6-12 month after you were infected. If you are chronic then you are just wasting time, but if your liver is ok and the virus is silent there is nothing wrong with it. Probably your doctor follows the most cost effective strategy.
Rome70, If you are chronic then you are just wasting time

I think encouraging people and give them hopes to make them stay positive and live normal life is more better than to tell them they are wasting their time.
we just take medicines and God do the rest u know.
Sorry, mate, but this is not a church, but a medical forum. Here we share information about material remedies.
we have to say the truth not give false hopes with things that don t work
Thanks so much for all your  informations and moral help. what i believe is , there's nothing impossible to the true God . I have learned much about my health not only here but in other forums . So i believe there's nothing impossible to God, may be researchers have not gotten something yet that can eradicate the virus completly , but not that it does'nt exist else where .well ,that's the way i see things . may be i'm wrong , i don't know , i can be telling the truth also .
thanks
I think *alice424* is a Scam.
Pls let no one pay or ask this guy for help or you might be defrauded. Thanks
what makes you think that alice424 is a scam?

can u explain Mrt79? i went through alice424 post but i didn't fine anything bad.
The problem is , she has sent me  private messages  asking informations about the medicine i'm taking , i told her i don't know . It's my father who commanded this medicine , i'm a young girl  of 18yrs , i precised that i made a mistake during registration . So all what i know is the drug is a tisane and my mother cooked it for me and i drink 3times a day , that's what i told her . she then go on to asked for my telephone number and i refused , i told her i don't have a phone  , and which is true .when i got this disease that developed so fast in me,  my parents were so angry with me and size everything from me , telephone, computer, even my room i was sleeping outside was taken and i was given a room inside te familly house , and many other things.
  I'm young but posesse wisdom , it's she that is a scam .She has created a knew false name asking if someone is taking herbal medecine , i replied but i knew what i was doing , she want to call me a scam so that i should try to defend myself and give her the informations about the drug , she wound't have anything from me .So that tomorrow she will go and kill this doctor , i have been warned .i came for one problem and the problem is solved , nobody should send me again a private message b/c i will never reply , for i know she is capable of changing adresses, as she has just done .