Hepatitis B Community
curious

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

curious

If I had a sexual encounter with somebody who had Hep B, and I have been vaccinated succesfully from the virus. Will I still be able to transmit it?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
You have taken the complete course of hepatitis B vaccine, let me share with you that hepatitis B vaccination is very effective in providing protection against hepatitis B infection. The chances of acquiring hepatitis B infection are very low and only possible if you have not acquired adequate protection and antibodies after the vaccination. It is important to protect yourself from infected blood and other body fluids like semen and vaginal secretions. If you are doubtful you may take up testing after 3-6 months. For more queries and assistance visit a physician. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!