Hepatitis B Community
curious

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

curious

Which hepatitis  virus B or C cause cirrhosis earliest, if one is not on treatment ?
currently which hepatitis virus has more number of antivirals ?
Not sure.
"Which hepatitis  virus B or C cause cirrhosis earliest, if one is not on treatment ? "

If you have Hepatitis C....

About 20% of people develop cirrhosis after being infected for 20 years.....30% after being infected 30 years.....40% after being infected 40 years....on and on....

I think for Hepatitis B is more difficult to tell because Hep B can become inactive for a long time...and during that time it doesn't cause liver damage.   And some people may clear it on their own and become immune to it.  

Based on the fact that Hepatitis C is the main cause for liver transplants, I'm going to guess that it takes less time for Hep C to cause cirrhosis.  
"currently which hepatitis virus has more number of antivirals ? "

Hepatitis B.

There's only one thing used to treat Hepatitis C.....Peg interferon/Ribavirin