Hepatitis B Community
decreasing HBVDNA viral load what does it mean???????

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

on may 27, 2011 my HBVDNA viral load is 5,235,347 and January 22, 2012 the HBVDNA viral load is 12,235, with that decrease what is your ideas? my ALT is 78 with mild fatty liver based on ultra sound (normal function)
people who has an idea or observations please comment...tnx

it means nothing without hbsag quantity in iu/ml, hbvdna goes up and down, even undetactable on all cronicc arriers but it means nothing as regards the infection

if you take hbsag quant too and both hbvdna and hbsag go down and alt goes up this means you are clearing infected cells, but hbvdna alone means nothing
my hbsag 08/06/11 is 5,286 it's now 3,239 that was the latest result 01/22/12 my ALT is still elevated at 79
May I ask where you had your hbsag quantitative test? USA doesnt have it.
Thank you for your anticipated reply.
here in philippines, at makati medical center

that's not your hbsag, you need the number in iu/ml, that's still the rubbish test where they write those numbers which are not hbsag

the philippines has only one research center in the country with fibroscan and hbsag quantity in iu/ml, check if you can have access to that research center
as per your observation, what's goin on with my test results?

the tests you have done are useless for cronic (chronic) carriers, you can t say nothing

the only thing certain is about fatty liver:
improve food quality and excerice, lose bmi to about 22-23, increase vitamin d3 to 50-80ng/ml
egg yolk is a source of vit d3, but why is it doctors saying avoid egg yolk if you have fatty liver... there is so much fats in the egg yolk thye say

food cant be used as a source of vit d, there is too little and they damage liver

only sun or supplements can be used but on people with cronic (chronic) infections, cancer or overweight sun is not enough to rise levels
supplements to be used are vitamin d3 5000iu daily minimum
It means you are getting better and greatly reducing your chances of liver damage.

not at all, hbsag has no correlation with liver damage unless:

less than 500iu/ml with hbvdna undetactable at the same time and alt less than 30.
plus his results dont show a lower hbsag at all, in his test hbsag 3239 can be higher than 5286