Hepatitis B Community
distinguish chronic and acute hbv?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

distinguish chronic and acute hbv?

how can you distinguish a chronic and acute HBV specially at an early stage, for example a variation of results from different laboratories like reactive and non-reactive what does this indicates on my status its confusing
Tags: how?
Traditionally, anti-hbc IgM test is used to distinguish between acute and chronic Hepatitis B infection. To me, the most reliable way to distinguish between the two is to wait or test again in 6 months time, unless you are very knowledgeable in this area and have some idea about the time of the incident that causes the infection.
anti-hbc IgM test and HBsAg test, what is the differentiate between them?
In the acute and chronic phases, HbSag will always be positive, but antihbc igm is usually positive in the acute phase, but not in the chronic phase.