Hepatitis B Community
do i have Hepa B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

do i have Hepa B?

Hello everyone! Im spliethoff and 27yrs of age. I had 2 ex-bf last 2005-2008. And when I had my medical last 2009 for my new company, the clinic found out that I have hepatitis B. I'm very worried about that and they told me that maybe I got this disease on my previous boyfriends. They told me to check again my blood, but due of my fear, I refused to do that. I believe that I dont have hepa b.

Today, I have a seaman bf and it is required to have a full body check up before he go onboard, and I'm afraid if he will know that he also  infected with hepa b. I got a chance to talk with my exes and asked them if they have infected with hepa b. They told me that they have no hepa b, the one is now in dubai in one of the food chain there and the other one is manager of fast food here in Phils. Do I have hepa b? If yes, where did I get this? I dont have any blood transfusion or dont have any tattoo? Please answer me now...Please... Thanks..

in your country there is probably more infected people that non infected, so you dont have to worry about anything because you know you have it and can treat it if necessary.
you get it at birth from your mother and should be very angry at your government because they dont make vaccines at birth while you dont have to worry bout infecting other adults clear hbv always, only about 5% dont clear because of immune suppression.if you were to get it as an adult by a tatoo you'd have cleared if you didn t you got it very young or at birth

hbv itself makes no damage, it is our immune system to make the damage when it tries to clear virus and fails, so most carriers have no damage and are perfectly healthy.just look for the best centers hospitals for hbv in your country and have fibroscan, hbsag quantity and hbvdna pcr so you know your status

test all your family members who probably got hbv too and hopefully cleared and have people vaccinated

just recheck
but how come it did not transfer to my ex boyfriends?

did you inject blood in them?

if your hbvdna is low you dont transmit hbv, the only way is injecting blood, no other way

hbvdna is very high only in babies after birth and sometimes in asians
no I don’t.. But based on my research, one of the ways to get infected with hepa b is having sex with them.
yes, you are correct, but there is more to it than than "HEPB carrier" or being HBSAG +

those with HBEAG + are more likely to pass the disease to another via sex, those with HEBAG - are less likely but still possible. There are even couples that have been married already for many years that are surprised to know that one has HEPB and one doesnt have it and this is after many years of intimacy and still no infection.

Also, adults when exposed tend to clear the virus 95% of the time, those that are immunosuppressed will become CHRONIC, reverse this when exposed as an infant where 90-95% of babies become chronic. Here in the Philippines an estimated of 10-16% of the total population have it and im almost sure that this is the way you got it. ALso, in dubai HEPB carriers wont be allowed to work, also in the food business.
Goodmorning.

I attached the results from my medical last APRIL 2009. Kindly discuss what is it all about?

Hemoglobin g/L – 150
Hematocrit % - .45
WBC x 10^9/L – 6.8
Segmenters % - .68
Lymphocytes % - .32
these values are bloodwork and has no direct information regarding your HEPB condition

have the ff tests

HBSAG QUANTITATIVE
HBSAB
HBEAG
HBEAB
HBVDNA
SGPT/ ALT
AFP
Ultrasound of the liver
Oh, I'm sorry.. Now I realized that its HEMATOLOGY REPORT based on my medical result.. I thought its for  the HEPA B report... But on below side of my result, on the OTHERS portion of the document, it says that HBs Ag: Reactive...

what does it mean?
HBSAG reactive means you have it

but we dont know if ...

1. you're acute or chronic
2. you have ongoing liver damage (SGPT)
3. if you're highly infectious or not (HBEAG + or - )
Hi there! I already consulted a doctor and she instructed me to took several tests, see below results and kindly discuss what
it looks like you no longer have hepa b. congratulations ... you cleared it.
hello can i ask something.,,,.why is that i am not infected of hepa b but my partner has it,.,its been 4 yirs we been togethere,.,.,when she have her medical to work abroad she is positive in hepa b,.,.acute is there any cure for this one,.,.
where are the results?
i had taken hepatitis b antidote in 12 years ago,,,but since 2007 i have physical relationship(non-protected sex) with my partner,,he has hepa b(chronic),,,is there any chance of infections????
Iam wit ma fiance in hospital n he is diagnise wit hbsag does it mean dat i have it too? I have fear to go for taste can some one encourage
U Seem to know more abt HB are u doctor pls reply to this email: ***@****