Hepatitis B Community
does he need it?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

does he need it?

Hi.Ok so this is my first time posting here so be nice:)Here's my question.I at one point apparently had hep B.I didn't know now had any symptoms.It cleared(this is what the doc said) but i still come up positive for it.Does this mean i can pass it to others or no?Reason i ask is that i have decied to delay vaccinations in my son for many reasons but am wondering if i should only get him the hep b right now if i could pas sit ot him.He had the vaccination at birth but he's due again(2 months old).Thanks for your help.
Did your Dr. say you have HBV Antibodies or you did he say you Chronic HBV? There is a major difference.
95% of people that have been infected with HBV clear it and develop HBV Antibodies. When this happens they are now immune to it and are not contagious.
5% of people that have been infected with HBV does not clear it and become Chronic HBV. People that are Chronic HBV are contagious.

I think you will find this web site informative
http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4090.pdf
  If you cleared it, this should mean you test positive for HBV Antibodies not HBV. I think you should call your Dr. and have him explain exactly what he is saying.
Did you find out what the doctor meant? Or maybe you are similar to my fiance, who has the antibody, still positive for HBV and have high virus count due to mutated hep b virus.
And yes, he is more likely contiguous, though not sure how strong the variance is at this point.