Hepatitis B Community
entcavier result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

entcavier result

i started entcavier last 3 month. now my hbv dna came down 10x7 to 7000 only within one month. is it possible my hbv dna is gone undectable. should i test again of hbv dna after 3 month.
hbvdna will go undetactable but this doesn t mean there is no hbv replication and also has no correlation to hbv infection

hbvdna is only a measure of viral dna in the blood and it is needed just to confirm antiviral is lowering hbv replication, but antiviral has no effect on the infected cells in the liver so the virus will be present in liver cells and also will keep replicating in the liver

the only test to show clearance of hbv infection is hbsag quantitative in iu/ml but antiviral cannot clear hbsag and hbv