Hepatitis B Community
essentiale and silymarin

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

essentiale and silymarin

Is essentiale and silymarin effective in nafld?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
NAFLD is fatty liver caused due to insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. Essentiale helps in normalizing lipid and protein metabolism. It improves detoxification of liver and restores the cellular structure of liver. It is useful in fatty degeneration of liver, hepatitis and non alcoholic fatty liver too. Silymarin is a flavonoid which helps reduce the effects of hepatoxins on the liver. It helps improve its resiliency. It contains many antioxidants which may be beneficial in many diseases. It also has anti-inflammatory and antifibrotic properties and stimulates protein biosynthesis and liver regeneration. These medications should be used only after consulting a doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
search the forum under "update on my fatty liver" you ll find results from me and another member clearing fatty liver in few months by use of:
fish oil epa and dha at least 2g daily
natural blend of vitamin E 800-1200iu daily (only natural blend works, synthetic  vit E made chemically doens t work)
diet by antocianins in bluberry and black rice
vitamin d3 normalization between 50-90ng/ml, dose adjusted to reach norma blood levels, usually 5000 to 10.000iu daily necessary and then lower maintenance dose

and other diet requirments
I can attest to this..

What you have recommended has almost cleared my black/grey hairy tongue. Also If I get tired I don't get any more chest pains, and I feel more energy on 10,000 IU vitamin D3.  So it definitely works.. yes the goal here is to clear toxins the virus produces and support the immune system.

If I could only buy Zadaxin I would try it with higher VIT D3 doses..

Also regarding flavonoids.. Propolis has it also.
Let me ask you this folks.. I have high levels of Ferritin based on blood tests, what can I do to lower it? Or is it do to advanced liver disease?