Hepatitis B Community
geraniin reduces hbsag 85.8%. BHT and monolaurin attack lipid coating

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18379075
"Geraniin inhibited hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) secretion by more than 85.8% and 63.7%, respectively, at the non-cytotoxic concentration of 200 microg/ml. The inhibitions of HBsAg and HBeAg secretion by geraniin were higher than the inhibition by the positive control Lamivudine, 33.5% and 32.2% respectively, at the same concentration."

Is 85.8% less hbsag good?  Can I get this stuff somewhere?

I read up on BHT and monolaurin.  They both attack lipid coated viruses to expose them to our immune system.  I think they work differently.  BHT is antioxidant and monolaurin is fat.  Has anyone tried them?  I searched - hbv lipid coat.  and google verified hbv is lipid coated.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1745-4565.1982.tb00429.x/abstract
"Monolaurin alone and monolaurin with tert-butylhydroxyanisole (BHA), methylparaben, or sorbic acid were tested for in vitro virucidal activity against 14 human RNA and DNA enveloped viruses in cell culture. At concentrations of 1% additive in the reaction mixture for 1 h at 23°C, all viruses were reduced in infectivity by >99.9%. Monolaurin with BHA was the most effective virucidal agent in that it removed all measurable infectivity from all of the viruses tested. The compounds acted similarly on all the viruses and reduced infectivity by disintegrating the virus envelope."

I had the idea of taking geraniin with bht and monolaurin.  This will reduce hbsag secretion and  remove lipid coat which has hbsag.  Will this help expose the virus to our immune system?

you have to try in vivo, there are thousands of articles like in vitro but in vivo we have no studies

we have hbsag quantification everywhere now (except US, canada) so you may try and see

you can also add ketoconzole tablets and artesunate, they also reduce hbsag a great deal in vitro (about 70-90%) by the same pathway of damaging lipids, simvastatin does that too

you also need hbvdna undetactable by antivirals or something else to make full potency of those compounds.if there is active high hbv replication it is useless to attack hbsag

ketoconazole and artesunate can have liver tox
i don't like ketoconazole and artesunate because i read about the liver tox.  Geraniin is part of alot of things like phyllanthus plants or geranium.  monolaurin is part coconut and bht is in foods people eat anyways.  People already say these things help them but no scientific tests yet.

if someone has hbsag quantification and wants to try this, please let us know how it goes.  

i'd be happy to try these but since regressing a cirrhosis i can t, at least now

if liver function is monitored they worth trying especially if
if ther is no liver damage or f1-f2 but of course monitoring ast/alt.

artesunate worths s try, this is so widely used on malaria by centuries to be safe enough.i saw it used on CFS virals active pathogens

ketoconazole can be heavier on liver but if one monitors, after all it is used for candida and fungal infections since decades

i menthioned these 2 because we know they clear pathogens, although we dont know how potent on hbv
please where can i get BHT  in nigeria
Simply search on Amazon website for BHT. You will see the one for 250mg. I am also taking BHT right now, since last week (this August 2015). The recommended dosage is 250mg per day, but I am takjng 250mg morning and evening before bed, which makes 500mg per day for me. I also learned that the dosage depends on body weight but that 250mg per day works for most people.

I love my life, and before I started taking BHT, I had googled online about it a lot. I mean a lot. And thrrough Wikipedia entry on BHT and the references therre, I was able to see the scientific researrches that have been carried out on BHT's possible or evident antiviral effects.

I cannot recommend BHT for anyone yet, until after a number of months. Even though the Hepatitis B virus and disease do give rise to random test results through the course of treatment or non-treatment, I have decided to check the effectiveness of BHT by retaking tests on my viral load, kidney function, blood cells count, liver function, electroolytes, etc. But I don't think theb ffect of BHT can be observed bybsimply testing for HBsAg, and other antibodies and antigens. Viral load seems to be the most reliable way to test if BHT is working or not, but itbis not that cheap a test. So,,, I am retaking my viral load test in around 6 moths or so again. If the result shows it to be really really low, then I should be able to say that BHT must have been working, because I don't think I wanna take any FDA-approved antiviral drug yet, e.g. Tenofovir. I learned that, even though they are highly effective, they could have serious side effects for some people with certain existing ailments, and that stopoing their usage could make the virus have a really fierce come-back. But until I'm done proving something about BHT, I don't really wanna take Tenofovir and co yet.
your comment is not 100% correct, tdf is a problem only with those with kidneys issues who can take etv, for the rest no sides except those with low vit d that will go with bone loss

it is also not correct that you cannot stop tdf, by using pegintf add on all antivirals can be stopped.for now we dont know much about stopping only that some will clear hbv by stopping

hbsag decline on tdf has 50% of patients with hbsag less than 1000iu/ml by 5 years and something i dont remember correct between 10-20% hbsag below 100iu/ml, these patients are able to clear hbv by pegintf add on.

hbsag might be cleared by 17years of tdf without pegintf add on based on hbsag decline registered

even if bht works for you we need a bigger group to confrim and another problem bht is not approved according to this report not safe, if it is from toluene as they say toluene is totally banned in europe, it makes cancer and neurological problems even if you breath.they used it in paint decades ago and liquid adhesives
http://thetoxicfreefoundation.com/database/ingredient/bha-butylated-hydroxyanisole
MORE INFORMATION

BHT is a toluene-base ingredient that is used as a preservative in both food and personal care products. U.S. National Toxicology Program, a part of the National Institutes of Health, has classified BHA as "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen" based on evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals.  The European Commission on Endocrine Disruption has determined that there is strong evidence that BHA is a human endocrine disruptor, and has banned its use in cosmetics. The European Commission classified BHA as a known human toxicant on the EU Banned and Restricted Fragrances list, and the Environment Canada Domestic Substance List has classified BHA as a high human health priority. A study carried out in normal mammalian kidney cells found that exposure to BHA caused specific damage at the cellular level and was found to exert a significant cytotoxic effect even at low doses. The Environment Canada Domestic Substance List has classified BHT as expected to be toxic or harmful. A safety assessment of BHT reported that BHT applied to the skin of rats was associated with toxic effects in lung tissue, but judged that the low concentrations used in cosmetics were safe. Developmental and reproductive toxicity studies carried out in rats found that exposure to high doses of BHA resulted in weak dysfunction and underdevelopment of the reproductive systems of both male and female rats. Changes in testosterone levels, sex weight organs and sexual maturation were also observed. One or more human case studies show significant or allergenic effects. There is evidence that certain persons may have difficulty metabolizing BHA and BHT, resulting in health and behavior changes.
even if it had studies for use on hbv it makes no sense with all the drugs and close to approve cures we have especially if it has anything to share with toluene