Hepatitis B Community
geraniin reduces hbsag 85.8%. BHT and monolaurin attack lipid coating

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18379075
"Geraniin inhibited hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) secretion by more than 85.8% and 63.7%, respectively, at the non-cytotoxic concentration of 200 microg/ml. The inhibitions of HBsAg and HBeAg secretion by geraniin were higher than the inhibition by the positive control Lamivudine, 33.5% and 32.2% respectively, at the same concentration."

Is 85.8% less hbsag good?  Can I get this stuff somewhere?

I read up on BHT and monolaurin.  They both attack lipid coated viruses to expose them to our immune system.  I think they work differently.  BHT is antioxidant and monolaurin is fat.  Has anyone tried them?  I searched - hbv lipid coat.  and google verified hbv is lipid coated.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1745-4565.1982.tb00429.x/abstract
"Monolaurin alone and monolaurin with tert-butylhydroxyanisole (BHA), methylparaben, or sorbic acid were tested for in vitro virucidal activity against 14 human RNA and DNA enveloped viruses in cell culture. At concentrations of 1% additive in the reaction mixture for 1 h at 23°C, all viruses were reduced in infectivity by >99.9%. Monolaurin with BHA was the most effective virucidal agent in that it removed all measurable infectivity from all of the viruses tested. The compounds acted similarly on all the viruses and reduced infectivity by disintegrating the virus envelope."

I had the idea of taking geraniin with bht and monolaurin.  This will reduce hbsag secretion and  remove lipid coat which has hbsag.  Will this help expose the virus to our immune system?

you have to try in vivo, there are thousands of articles like in vitro but in vivo we have no studies

we have hbsag quantification everywhere now (except US, canada) so you may try and see

you can also add ketoconzole tablets and artesunate, they also reduce hbsag a great deal in vitro (about 70-90%) by the same pathway of damaging lipids, simvastatin does that too

you also need hbvdna undetactable by antivirals or something else to make full potency of those compounds.if there is active high hbv replication it is useless to attack hbsag

ketoconazole and artesunate can have liver tox
i don't like ketoconazole and artesunate because i read about the liver tox.  Geraniin is part of alot of things like phyllanthus plants or geranium.  monolaurin is part coconut and bht is in foods people eat anyways.  People already say these things help them but no scientific tests yet.

if someone has hbsag quantification and wants to try this, please let us know how it goes.  

i'd be happy to try these but since regressing a cirrhosis i can t, at least now

if liver function is monitored they worth trying especially if
if ther is no liver damage or f1-f2 but of course monitoring ast/alt.

artesunate worths s try, this is so widely used on malaria by centuries to be safe enough.i saw it used on CFS virals active pathogens

ketoconazole can be heavier on liver but if one monitors, after all it is used for candida and fungal infections since decades

i menthioned these 2 because we know they clear pathogens, although we dont know how potent on hbv