Hepatitis B Community
got the first dose of hep b vaccination

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

got the first dose of hep b vaccination

its been 15 weeks since my exposure and I tested negative at 13 weeks mark for the hbsag then one week later I got the first dose of the hep b vaccination
do u think I did the right thing ??
what should I do next ??
am planing to get tested at 17 weeks mark for hbsag and the antihbv . so if my result came back positive for the antibodies and negative for the antigen would u consider me free from hbv ??

Thank you..

you just need to check hbsab antibodies, checking hbsag is useless plus can be positive because of the vaccine not the virus
i dont understand what do u mean by it can be positive bcuz of the vaccine
how do I know if am positive bcuz of the vaccine ??
does it turn to negative if it was positive bcuz of the vaccine ??

the vaccine is made of hbsag to simulate antibody hbsab, the hbsag from vaccine has no virus so it cannot make the disease and is a chemical made in labs, but when you make hbsag test you can detect the hhbsag from vaccine

on the other hand what is the utility of making hbsag test now since you are looking for protective antibody hbsab to be made very fast?they should be made in 4 weeks if you are among non responders, the other shots are ussually done to increase the antibody titter

if you want to know if the virus is there, but there is no need according to me, you can check also hbvdna pcr with sensitivity at least 5-10iu/ml, in my country all hospitals have this maybe because of law requiring these tests sensitivity, but old tests which are cheaper can be used if in your country there is no law to use the most sensitive, so ask for sensitivity before going to make the test
hbvdna pcr might be more sensitive than hbsag test if it gets down to 1iu/ml
i have read in some cases hbsag becomes positive due to the vaccine but it becomes negative after 21 to 28 days right ??
hbsag is very important for me cuz in my country I have to be hbsag negative to be accepted in some jobs  
thank u
is  it true ??

it will get negative anyway because you will make antibodies anyway the point is how many antibodies, so you have to check for hbsab antibody titer to get above 10miu/ml not hbsag