Hepatitis B Community
hbc igg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbc igg

I just wanted to know what is hbc igg positive means? does it mean that I got infected by the virus or get exposed that's why its positive?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The anti-HBc is the earliest antibody which develops in response to acute hepatitis B virus and IgG anti-HBc may persist lifelong. IgG antibody subclass of anti-HBc is a marker of past or current infection with HBV. If IgG anti-HBc and HBsAg are both positive and there is no IgM anti-HBc it indicates chronic HBV infection. It is important to know your complete medical history before interpreting these test results. Consult your doctor and discuss these test results. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
thank you for the response. may i know what are the specific tests that i need to undergo? i just wanna have an idea.
its only the HBC igg is positive but hbsag is negative. what does that mean?