Hepatitis B Community
hbeag +

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbeag +

any idea how to sero convert hbe ag or hepatitis b antigen?...
im a hbeag positive..thats why im cant onboard a vessel as seafarer because of this....my physician told me to clear the hbeag or become hbe ag negative....

my question now is....is there any remedy or cure to be hbeag negative....?
thanks!
it is an old view that making hbeag negative is good, when it happens out of therapy it is always a mutation of the hbv virus to precore or bcp for genotype D and a worsened state of infection with time.other genotypes might have lower rates of mutation

the only good thing is:
tenofovir for 3 years or more (in case of hbeag positive hbv is cleared in 16% cases already)

if hbsag is not cleared by 3 years of tenofovir (hbsag cleared means hbv cleared):
add on peginterferon to tenofovir for another 2 years

in the end most clear hbsag (hbv) and develop hbsab antibodies, few patients reach a very low hbsag quantity which determine an inactive state of infection which is slowly cleared by the years of by tenofovir monotherapy

total time to cure hbv by sequential treatment 4-5 years, 50% clears in 4 years the rest of patients have very low hbsag levels and might clear in the following years