Hepatitis B Community
hbs antigen negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbs antigen negative

my husband is planning to go to other country to work.I am a hep B positive I WAS so afraid maybe he is also infected so this morning went to the laboratory for a test which is hbs antigen the result was negative,does it means he is not infected?IM GOING TO BRING HIM TO THE DOCTOR TO GET SOME VACCINE
it means he is not infected?

--Yes and he may be immune already.  Test his HBsAB.
thanks for the reply my friend i am very happy because my husband is negative yesterday after we went to the laboratory for the test i visit the church and i pray for the neg result god is always good hes always there for us thats why i dont lost hope to be cured.
Happy for you.
Avatar n tn
get a test for HBsAB if >10 miu/ml then he is already immune (either from natural infection that his body eliminated or by vaccine)