Hepatitis B Community
hbsag decline

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbsag decline

very good news my hbsag keeps going down, difficult to say if it is the effect of etv plus tdf combo or the imiquimod i used in 2012 or the maitake supplements i am taking now, anyway what matters is hbsag goes down:

20 apr  2012  7309iu/ml
21 jun  2012  5210iu/ml
16 nov  2012  3687iu/ml
10 jan  2013  4207iu/ml
28 feb  2013  3644iu/ml
27 mar 2013  4163iu/ml
22 may2013  3201iu/ml

the maitake i am taking now is from puritans, i take from 6 to 9 caps a day, it has no sides so i take 3 times the suggested dose.whatever is getting hbsag down using maitake has no sides except the cost which is cheap, if others try maitake they may be able to confirm if it has an effect or not
http://www.puritan.com/buy/products/47-puritans-pride-maitake-mushroom-extract-150-mg-100-capsules.html
at least its on a downward trend.
are you still taking ezetimibe?
when do you plan to add peg int?
I am happy to for you and to see the downward trend of hbsag. Since when did you start taking maitaki?
about 4 weeks ago, it can be a combination of all the tries i did, imiquimod started an immune activation and a downward trend even if it was with ups and downs and maitake might have worked upon that

no stopped ezetimibe immediately as it failed to rise bile acids, so it wasn t blocking hbv receptors.same thing about ibersatan

when do you plan to add peg int?

the plan was to add pegintf when hbsag reaches at least 1500iu/ml

i ll definitely increase maitake to 9-12caps a day, i ve seen cancer patients having response on high dose like 6g maitake daily.a good point of maitake is it should go directly to the liver and stay there for long
Steff, this is very very good neews and promising down trend. Best wishes to you and hope to see big decline next month from you.
Great news Stefano! Do you know how this maitake works? When did you start it?

we really cant say why it is going down now and it is just a start but if the ups and down stop we may say maitake is helping

they activates macrophages and other immune cells and then they produce interferons.the action is something like the fungus has elements that are seen as pathogens to the immune system and so it activates some immune cells.
congratulation ..

good downward trend ..

what maitake consists of? mushroom??

Hi Stef, so glad to see your qs going down, great news. Please keep us informed. My consultant is considering putting me on inf nut not holding much hope so anything like this may be of help to me. Best of luck.
http://ws.cam-cancer.org/CAM-Summaries/Dietary/Maitake-Grifola-frondosa/What-is-it

Just wait maybe chanca piedra works too after all. But grifola yes is being reported to of some benefit.

This is  very good news stef. Keep everyone posted.
Hi Stef, Good job. I am glad to see that your Hbsag is going to so much.
Keep us posted.
Well Done Stef. Happy for you. Glad its happening for you, especially for all the help you provide in this community. God bless.
Next decline will see me rushing off to purchase those Maitake capsules. happy happy!!!!
We all need to get a pack of it.

7 years ago on some japanese web site I read good results on grifola mushrooms. That they were long treating this disease with it in their traditional medicine. But then the scientists were conducting research of mayetake plus interferon for hbv. They saw.positive dynamics on the disease control and noted  that more data is needed and that they have limited funds for it.

Now seven years later we see that grifola mentioned again that it does seem to rescue the immune system. Helps cancer patients too.

I mean anything we can do to boost our immune system is good. Because it controls hbv and has the power to clear the virus.
http://doctorschar.com/archives/maitake-grifola-frondosa-as-an-immune-stimulant/

How to take it.
Well done Stefano. Thanks for the update. Hope the downward trajectory continues. I am eating dry shiitake mushroom in soup and now thinking of adding maitake. Anything that stimulate the immune system.....

Any other suggestion from fellow member? Cheers.
the downward trends acutally started since i tried daily imiquimod suppository oct 2012 for 7 concecutive days, hbsag down about 600iu/ml in 7 days

so we cannot know for sure if maitake has a real effect anyway since there are no sides i keep it and soon i ll retry imiquimod that way for 7 days, if again i get an immediate decline of hbsag it definitely is imiquimod, if not it is just a coincidence or a sum of all the efforts i made to stimulate immune system

the probability of imiquimod working on such a schedule is not remote since the inflammation got so high to make low fever, blurred vision, creatinine 1.2 (high end of normal) and a strange release of hbvdna virions in blood hbvdna bleep of 31iu/ml
Hey Stef, how is your ALT and AST and other liver function during these period?
it is always the same alt 30-45 alt 30-40
i dont check them because of very lttle importance, what matters is they stay on the higher value
And your HBV DNA UND? Maybe just ETV and TDF doing the job as well. I am looking at food for the immune system the past 4 weeks and am doing the veg juicing everyday. Try to do raw food but as we know it, very hard to do. Will need to do a HBSAG with a hospital that do it.
And your HBV DNA UND?

yes

Maybe just ETV and TDF doing the job as well.

yes but a very big maybe, this combo lowers hbsag slowly over the years while i am getting a good lowering from oct to now, actually my lowering is similar to inf low responder

but in the end i believe it is imiquimod because the jump started exactly whe  used it daily, i mean hbsag lowered 600iu/ml in 4-5 days and fom then it goes up and down with a downwards trend.
we also know this trl7 keeps working even after you stop so it might be the most influencing drug
I suggest you consider a year of peg interferon add on.  It is not so bad.  This may accelerate your Hbsag drop.  Especially since you have downward trend.  Nowadays it is just one shot a week.  Keep some panadol and benzodiazepam handy to fight the headaches and insomnia.  

May also consider the double dose vaccine add -on despite you HBSag level. It won't hurt and may work.

pegintf add on is on plan since the begining of antivirals in 2010, the point is we need hbsag level to get lower to be sure we clear definitively and not just lower it by the add on

but there may be news i see they are checking ip10 as a marker of endogenous intf gamma, i ll see if i can get this test without having too pay too much for it.maybe researchers have some data on it that correlates with hbsag clearance

redlabs.com has ip10 test available but vey expensive
Please keep us up to speed Stef, this all looks good and I sincerely hope you can clear the virus soon. If anyone should clear it should be you because you give so much to all of us here on this great forum. This is a place where ewe can learn and where we are given hope through new drug research. Keep up the good work!!
hello stefeno, i m following this community specially your very informative and useful posts. you have done a lot to fight this. well done ,very good results.
stefeno,  it is their on net that imiquimod is an tlr7 receptor same as gs9620 which has shown  good result in current hepb trials. but gs9620 are still on trial.may be we can benefitted from imiquimod so we can try it.
so please tell us about its dosing and method of intake and about its availability.
you tried for 7 days ,in gs9620 trial they tried 15 doses in one month in first part of treatment. dose prolong dosing of imiquimod may help more?
the difference is gs9620 is modificated to be absorbed better by the gut so it only goes to the liver and fewer systemic sides/intf.
imiquimod suppository can t be used on those doses plus i did this experimental trial because fully monitored, it is not safe at all to try it now

i will be trying the imiquimod suppository 12.5mg daily dosing for 7-14days to see if the effect of immediate hbsag can be replicated as the other times i tried it.
one thing is certain imiquimod makes interferon and for those not having intf available it might be a choice, but like for intf we must be fully monitored for sides
Gs9620 makes our own interferon. So it will be much easier and safer to take.
I wanted to get into that trial but those guys are very quiet about contacting people.
http://www.dl.begellhouse.com/journals/708ae68d64b17c52,72e968661ff5d957,09001a9418679e96.html

Within the 6-month study period, 33% (17/ 52) of treated patients had normal aminotransferase (ALT) values, and 13% (7/52) had cleared hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) from serum, whereas none of the controls had normal ALT values or had lost HBsAg.
I've given you the contact info for the trial.  Stop complaining on this forum about it.  The only requirements are HBVDNA Und for 3 months.  You can be on tenofovir or entecavir.  They've relaxed the inclusion criteria.
Hi Stef, hello everyone. I am so excited. Just found out My Hbsag quantity too is declining. Here are my hbsag quantity results: January 2013: 15000 iu. Just saw the results for the test I did in may 2013: 5801 iu/ml. I have asked for another test this morning. Results will be out in 10 days. Will post results. I am real happy
thats a good reduction joc2011 nearly 2/3rds  what is your protocol? i hope you continue to decline!
Very nice....and your meds please?
could anybody from india participate in this trial..vateran if u found opportunuity, u must try.
joc good results, please tell us  what did u do to decrease hbsag? therapy?
beach, i found only abstract, no information about hbsag levels of those who cleared. please send the full paper if possible. please send the links about its availability and cost,if u have.

stefeno,do you see any possible interference between this mushroom and antiviral nucs, if taken together. whats ur point of view does it seems  benefecial or not?
Been on tenofovir for 2 years and 6 months now, full heptech protocol, vit c and d, omega 3 fish oil, beetroot capsules, fruits plus garlic and ginger and recently added maitake mushroom capsules. SO I am not really sure which of these is helping. but I am sure something is stimulating my immune system to action. hope is amazing decline continues
I also take some teas; detox and antilipemic
Hey joc2011....how do you get Heptech products...Thanks for the reply champ.
stef also tried maitake mushrum and hbsag decline is shown as in first message of his thread but not sure about whether it is effect of  maitake or not.
if you may give the time you started maitake and the time your hbsag started falling then we can conclude whether it is maitake's or something else's effect you are taking.
I only started taking Maitake about 3 weeks now. The decline started before this time. Maitake I am sure will help with further decline I am hoping. Had further blood sample collection today, hopefully will see further downward decline  trend in 10 days when results are out
my hbsag levels after etv+tdf+maitake+imiquimod are a little incresed to 3800iu/ml, the sides are extremely heavy on maitake plus imiquimod and i could not try a daily imiquimod schedule but only about 3 times a week 12.5mg suppository

let s see if it drops in the following months, maybe i ll retry imiquimod daily in a month with no maitake, i definitely need to rest because inflammation was the highest i ever experienced, not tollerable

as regards vitamin d my kinetics are extremely abnormal i lowered dose to 5000iu daily for 3 weeks and vit25oh lowered immediately from 88ng/ml to 72ng/ml, it acts like a water soluble vitamin in me, definitely no way it can ever accumulate or get too high
i m going back to 10.000-15.000iu daily to see if i can get it close to 90ng/ml again, i ll combo with k2 400mcg daily to prevent any possible calcium increase in blood but this is an extra precaution since 150ng/ml are needed for calcium to increase
do you think the slight rise in hbsag is related to the slight drop in vit d?
no i dont think so we have no proof anyway i ll soon get back to 90-100ng/ml range even if i have to take 40.000iu......and we ll see

i also suggest everybody on the community to try increase vit d3 in combo with k2 and see how hbsag and ast-alt change (do not look at hbvdna because it has a milder correlation with immune activity)
You can purchase Heptech from: http://www.advanceliferesearch.com/
Stef, any ideas to why my hbsag quantity declined so fast from 15000 to 5801 iu/ml? Been thinking about it all weekend. Immune system?
if you were hbeag positive it is mutation to precore or bcp if you were hbeag neg immune system, but keep in mind 1000-1500iu/ml is the good range to reach
did u experience some ALT/AST flares before hbsag dropped?
Thanks Stef. I am hbeag neg. So this is good news then.
Prior to this i have been experiencing tiredness every now and then, accompanied with low grade fever sometimes and a general feeling that theres some experience and activity in my liver area. 3 weeks ago i had a high fever, headaches, and extreme fatigue for 5 days, which required me taking a drip for 3 days. Wasnt sure at the time what was going on, but now i know.
I hope this drop continues to 1000-1500iu/ml. will keep monitoring every 2-3 months. Is there anything i can do, within my control to ensure this immune activity continues?
Thanks Stef.
Actually Yes GRMR. in January i had (ALT): 94 and SGOT (AST): 40. This reading was in January, prior to my may results which showed i hbsag dropping.  Although i havnt been monitoring my alt/ast values very regularly but was so sick 3 weeks ago and nw i am sure must have been another flare at the time.
definitely intf production and clearance, just take rest if you feel you need it and sleep 8hrs per night minimum
Thanks joc2011 for the info re: Heptech. You take garlic/ginger in capsule or the real veg? Also, any exercise regime? Also, where do you measure your HBsAg?

Keep us in touch with your upcoming result.

Thanks Stef.
Mustthinkpositive: I take mainly the raw garlic and ginger blended with other fruits into a smoothie.
I used to do a lot of swimming, especially at the time i noticed the decline. Now my job demands dont allow me time to hit the water after work, so i mostly do walks, trying to achieve minimum of 10000 steps on a daily basis, which i track using a pedometer daily, to support the days i am not swimming.
I measure my HBSAG at a lab called Mecure diagnostic labs. But i think they usually send off their samples to their parent lab in India for the analysis.
Congrats on the good news. Keep giving us hope!
Hi joc2011, have you check your WBC count, neutrophils and ALT/AST lately. Please publish your result when you get them. Good luck.
Hi Joc, where is the Heptech products? Is it under the full package?
ok. Will check WBC count, neutrophils and ALT/AST  and publish with my next HBSAG quantity results.
"where is the Heptech products? Is it under the full package? "
Yes, it is. Click for the full package and you will see the 4 products:Powercell, redox 24, Cytoshield, Nutrasoothe
I also take their advanced resveratrol. Which is a new product they have also introduced. I can't tell you enough, how these products have contributed to my overall wellbeing.
Thanks Joc...Appreciated your input. Also, don't forget the power of TDF as well.
Yes. Clearly. TNF if tolerated, and used for a long period, definitely gives your immune system time to recover and start controlling your infection. Which is whats happening in my case. The Heptech products have helped me tolerate and ope with the TNF all these time. Thanks to Stef who introducted me to the Heptech products. I have definitely been better off with them!!!!
Hello Everyone. Just my last hbsag quantity test result. The results didnt change from the previous results. Not what i was hoping for. But looking out to see what happens in subsequent weeks. Fingers crossed. Keeping hopes alive!!!!
what is your vit d3 level?we are trying to check if getting vitd25oh very high correlates with hbsag lowering
target levels are 100-165ng/ml but no calcium diet needed, doctors mnitoring of calcium (serum, ionised, urine) needed

i am trying to got in the 100-120ng/ml range but already getting high end of normal calcium at 90ng/ml even with the diet....
I have D3 at about 50 ng/ml now. Currently take 8000 iu of vit D per day.  Should i increase to 10000 iu daily? Whats the best way to keep the calcium normal?
i increase to 10000 iu daily?

yes

Whats the best way to keep the calcium normal?

avoid all diaries and bananas, even diaries inside other foods or preparations, keep ph of urine at about 7 by baking soda with lemon (1 teaspoon per day), drink 2.5l of water per day, take vit k2 like in biotech plus so about 400mgr per 5000iu of d3
Wish you good luck with your treatment. The way I see it you are making good progress and did cut by more than half the Hbsag quantity in 1 year.I  wish you to continue this down ward trend so that you will be able to add peg interferon next year at this time and eventually clear this virus. Thanks also for the service you provide to all of us. I learned a great deal of things about the virus from you and others and be able to take some measures. I will start treatment very soon but before I do that I will post my question and information for all to comment.
Try adding milk thistle as well