Hepatitis B Community
hbsag kinetics on hbeag neg interferon therapy

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

http://www.intmedpress.com/serveFile.cfm?sUID=c0f29db5-b3ac-4ddd-b45d-2b5cd41ef3cc

for those following hbsag kinetics during therapy with hbeag negative, as in this stydy any level of hbsag lower than 1000iu/ml is correlated with hbsag loss at follow up of years, sustained response ranges from 950-1400iu/ml

This paper was published in 2007. IN 2011, Manesis et al published another paper, using the same cohort of hbeAg-ve patients(?) and came to some different conclusions:

1. HBsAg levels reflect liver HbsAg, buy not cccDNA or liver HBV=DNA, suggesting that they are not solely dependent on the replicative cycle of HBV.

I still think his sample is too small and they are all the same genotype 'D'.

My opinion only.

i wouldn t worry about that but just concentrate on combos of everything working on hbsag and take it down especially when not too high

i would be wonderful to get data from india and china hospitals making the combos like reported from india, i am sure most get hbsag decrease on interferon+alinia+tenofovir continuous therapy
i just saw a hepatologist at a teaching hospital in germany and i was told they will start combos trials in 2 or 3 month.

actually the combos are just a doctors or our choice, nobody cant stop us from taking tenofovir while on interferon, especially at the extremely low prices on online pharmacies or india

in india both generic and brand are very very cheap, baraclude about 100USD per month and generic 50USD per month...viread in some asian countries goes as low as 7USD
do you have a link to the 2011 study results ?
"i just saw a hepatologist at a teaching hospital in germany and i was told they will start combos trials in 2 or 3 month" - do you know if they refer to the real trials or just they start to apply this combo to the patients.
By real trials I mean controlled (blind or double blind) trials that will compare some combo against a mono-therapy or one combo against anther combo ....
thanks for info.I visit my family in Europe and try to have some tests and get some answers.The hepatologist strongly recomends treatment with viread(tenofovir)for liver cancer concern.Soon i will post my hepb state,might need help for making dicisions.I live in US and cant find a specialist in my area.I was seeing an infectionist for 1 year and when I asked for a US he said only if my enzymes go up. Thanks to you and this forum I know better than him.

It is a real clinical study for combo treatment( interferon+antiviral) for 2 years that starts in Europe.You have to be there for the first three months and travel every 3 month for blood tests.

if you ar coming to europe you can do the following tests missing in US:

hbsag quantification by abbott architect in iu/ml with diluition, easily almost everywhere
fibroscan, easily almost everywhere
nagalase (redlabs brussels or europeanlaboratory NL)

as to making interferon+tenofovir you dont have to be in a trial if you pay the drugs yourself but if you cant afford or pay by insurance you better join the trial

the cheapest and most advanced country to have drugs and tests is india at ILBS, New Delhi.antivirals are extremely cheap and all tests available

another way is making interferon by insurance coverage and paying antivirals generics from india yourself, generic tenofovir should be around 90usd per month if not less