Hepatitis B Community
hbsag reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbsag reactive

i am hbsag reactive (325.11) hbe antibdy reactive (0.48) the rest of the test are non reactive.
my hbv dna result is 717 iu/ml ( 4,144 coppies per/ml)  ALT is 16.5

with this viral load, do is still have the chance  that my immune system itself fight this virus till i become non- reactive?
Hi,it shows that you have high levels of hep b virus, reactive or positive Hbe indicates the virus is replicating, ALT is normal,better consult a gastroenterologist and practice healthy lifestyle.
hbsag reactive (325.1) this test is useless for cronic (chronic) patients, u should check if hbsag quantification by architect is available and have it measured by iu/ml units

hbe antibdy reactive (0.48) the rest of the test are non reactive.
not important

hbv dna result is 717 iu/ml
this is relatively important if you are not make treatment by antivirals, in any case a low value of hbvdna plus alt less than 19 or 30 may mean no liver damage.in anycase a biopsy or fibroscan is better to be 100% sure the liver has no damage since it can happen even in low dna/normal alt situations

hbvdna doesn t correlate with infection or immune clearance to know this you need hbsag quantification by architect.hbvdna is used only to measure if antivirals are working but even with hbvdna undetactable and no liver damage your infection may spread to new cells

an hbsag quantity lower than 1500iu/ml means more immuen control over the infection and more probability of being inacttive carrier while an hbsag value of 300-500iu/ml means possible immune clearance.you just have to make this test 2-3 times a year and if you see it is decreasing, even if slowly, to levels lower than 500-300 you are slowly clearing