Hepatitis B Community
hbsag value is 303.2 and cut-off is 1.0, mean?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hi, i got a hbsag test yesterday, patient value= 303.2 and cut-off value=1.0, result is reactive.
is this mean, i got higher level virus?  and what is the normal value and cut off value for hbsag a non-reactive?
thank you and godbless.

this means you have a low level of hbsag (but measure in iu/ml is better), once you know hbsag is low (between 500 and 1500iu/ml) you know that the best therapy is interferon because you have very high chances to get hbsag negative (eradication of hbv).the level of hbsag refects also the quantity of virus in your liver but doesn't say anything if it is inactive or replicating

hbsag is not enough to know the phase of your infection, hbvdna is the other most important test, it says if the virus is replicating and how much

hbeag and hbeab is also important, hbeag negative is better because you have less hbsag and less or no replication

alt/ast, damage in the liver, normal values below 30

ultrasound/fibroscan, damage in the liver

in case virus is active and replicating antivirals are not good in your case because they just stop hbvdna but hbsag is not affected and might even get higher under antiviral

antivirals etv and tdf are good when hbsag is high and hbe negative, so no chance of making it negative, to stop virus replication

on hbe positive having a low or high hbsag is not linked with hbsag negative on antivirals
patient value= 303.2, what is unit s/n or s/co?

in case of s/co i have no clue if value is high or low

in any case hbsag reactive means positive, that's to say you have hbv.if it stays pos for more than 6 month hbv is cronic (chronic)
tnx stefano170669 for the info... maybe i will try more hepa b test like hbvdna then i will refer again to you as soon as i got the results. tnx again god bless.
I've HBsAg value 1020? how much serious it is?

this is a very old thread, those tests and measures are useless on cronic (chronic) carriers and must not be performed anymore

there is no meaning in that number, thats reagent number, not virus and as you can see the number has no unit because it counts nothing

remake with abbott architect machine
I was diagnosed hbsag positive recently.  I do not know that how i got this virus.  I have a partner for 5 years and he's been working as a seafarer for same years.  His last medical was conducted last december 2011 and had no findings.  He said that he was vaccinated years ago.  Does it mean that he is safe that he'll not get the virus from me considering that he did not have any problems with his medicals taken each year?..Thanks...
Hi today on 5.9.12  i have got my reports of HBsAg- result-reactive with more than 250 IU/ml from abbott architect i 1000, thus want to know that by what time it will get deactivated

On 31.8.12 i have been tested for SGPT, S.Billirubin my report was Total Billirubin-2.46, Direct Billirubin-1.08, Indirect Billirubin-1.38, SGPT(ALT)-876(Method ELISA)----Result-Non-reactive

that test reported like thisis useless, all chronic carriers have hbsag at more than 250iu/ml.....they must diluite sample to get exact number, that lab is incompetent, ask for refund

fibroscan is the second most important test needed

than hbvdna pcr, ast/alt, hbeag are complementary

Hb B Ag  o.d value is 3.00
Cut off value: 0.088
method used : ELISA

Now tell me liver severity or condition and wt kind of treatment is required to safe my life. So please tell me current treatment ans cost of treatment.
I am from middle class family. So help me.
Hb B Ag  o.d value is 3.00
Cut off value: 0.088
method used : ELISA