Hepatitis B Community
hbv. hbeag -. fibroscan: 20.2 Kpa. on Viread 2 years.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbsag +

hbeag -

I have taken Viread for 2 years. Before I took Viread, I have hbv dna 10^7. alt and ast

were more than two times upper limit. US and CT are normal.

After 6 months on Viread, my alt and ast were back to normal, hbv dna have been below

20. Another word, the drug is effective. I have been taken US and CT every 6 months and

every time the results are normal.

Recently, I am visiting my parents in China. I have testes fibroscan, the reslut is 20.2

Kpa. I am a little nervous, do I have cirrhosis? Please provide your opinion.

Thanks.

Dan
Just my opinion, biopsy would verify
yes you do have cirrhosis and also advanced (>12.5kpa cirrhosis), it is impossible to have a wrong reading because even if you are overweight and the wrong probe was used (which is also an impossible mistake) the reading has to be at least 9kpa less not to be cirrhosis

anyway you dont have to worry too much i had cirrhosis too and regressed in 1.5years, just follow my steps if you can afford, which is:
only organic fresh food
vegetables, frutis, very little meat, no dairies
heptech supplements
liposomal vitamin c and liposomal glutathione from livon labs if oxidative stress tests are abnormal
gcmaf if nagalase is abnormal

tests like nagalase and oxidative stress tests are available only at research level labs like:
redlabs.com
europeanlaboratory.nl
to stop cirrhosis progression you also need (tenofovir and hbvdna und are not enough to stop progression  to cirrhosis and worsening):

bmi less than 24
forgot to mention vitamin d serum levels above 60ng/ml
organic fresh food, no processed food with chemicals in it at all

even without gcmaf and heptech, tenofovir is able to regress cirrhosis in about 60-70% cases by 5 years if food is changed to organic and bmi less than 24
you also need to test fibroscan every 6 months to see progression or worsening, do not have a biopsy it damages the liver and has a small risk of death, it will make no difference to have a biopsy if not make more damage
nagalase is extremely important test because antivirals are not able to prevent liver cancer, only hbsag clearance lowers liver cancer risk to almost none.so it is best to have this nagalase the lowest possible, if not normal, because this nagalase inactivates macrophages lowering general immune response (immune deficency if nagalase>5) opening a door to cancers
Stef has first-hand experience, please follow his advice and be careful with your life from this time on.
So ct scan and ultrasound are useless in monitoring  progression into cirrhosis?
of course they are it is since 2007-2008 that we are posting that
Thanks for everyone's reply. I will take a good care of myself.

What the routine test I should be doing to monitor this situation?

US, CT, Fibroscan?

Dan
fibroscan together with US every 6 months (at research center they used 4 months US for me at first due to the high HCC risk and a possible one they found in 2010, luckly it disappered 4 months later)

the US needs to be a good one with sensibility for 1-2mm nodules, it is best not to use other invasive tools because they have sides (like contrast liquind which damages kidneys or tomography with Xrays promoting tumors), my choice has been only frequent US
good information.. thanks Stefan
@stef 2011

still struggiling to understand how cirrhosis has developed evenf afetr 2 ys of TDF and DNA und...

@middle
what was FS valued baseline before TDF therapy?
you probably had cirrhosis already at baseline and now slowing decreasing, the very bad of cirrhosis is you can t feel it or detect it by blood tests, it is rare to go to decompensation on early cirrhosis so a person goes ahead without feeling the damage in the liver