Hepatitis B Community
hbv vs cholesterol

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbv vs cholesterol

It is said that hbsag production needs cholesterol. I have read somewhere a Korean research concluding that hbv patients (majoring carriers) in a massive population survey through annual checkup show higher cholesterol (total, HDL, not sure LDL) level. In addition, simvastatin is effective on hbv by lowering cholesterol. It seems to me that losing weight should have positive effects on suppressing virus replication. Then all hbver should try to lose weight if BMI is not below normal range.
losing wheight has almost no effect on cholesterol so low to have an impact of hbv (LDL25 might have more liver damage, have higher alt, more fibrosis than lower bmi, higher cancer risks of all types.regression of fibrosis/cirrhosis on bmi>25 is less common

a lower cholesterol can also help with weakening hbv but it is probably the only effect, among cholesterol drugs only SIM worked on hbv production, among cholesterol drugs it has the strongest immune moldulation effect, it increases cd4 cells and lowers cd8 and to know if this is very good or bad it is better to wait for in vivo trials

cd4 and cd8 are low on cronic (chronic) hbv and high on people clearing hbv, they are both needed to clear hbv and cd8.it is not clear if a higher cd4 is needed to increase cd8

there is only one data certain but on hiv+hbv patients, only those with increase on cd4 clear hbs
medhelp messed up post as usual
(LDL25
cholesterol drugs usually make ldl lower than 70 and this might have an impact on hbv production

high bmi might have more liver damage, have higher alt, more fibrosis than lower bmi, higher cancer risks of all types.regression of fibrosis/cirrhosis on bmi>25 is less common
a lower cholesterol can also help with weakening hbv but it is probably not the only effect cholesterol drugs

among cholesterol drugs only SIM worked on hbv production, among cholesterol drugs it has the strongest immune moldulation effect, it increases cd4 cells and lowers cd8 and to know if this is very good or bad it is better to wait for in vivo trials
I don't suggest taking cholesterol drug for now until some positive trials are done. By diet and exercises, I have lost about 10 pounds. LDL has been lowered too. I have now BMI~22 and plan to lower it to lower boundary of the normal range, equivalent to another 10 pounds.

great!all bmi lower than 24 are very healthy, i tried but i can t get lower than 24, probably due to my age and the forced meals because of NTZ
for cholesterol i use omega3, cocao powder without sugar and soia but i can only get cholesterol within norml range to about 130 not lower, how much could you decrease it?
I am not quite sure my previous numbers and didn't think it was important as long as it is normal. My current (June) LDL is 95. I will try to get a copy of my previous tests on my next doctor visit. I control my weight by diet mainly and 45 mins walk too. I also take fish oil and coq10. Is your number LDL or total cholesterol?
Body-Mass Index and Progression of Hepatitis B: A Population-Based Cohort Study in Men
Ming-Whei Yu, Wei-Liang Shih, Chih-Lin Lin, Chun-Jen Liu, Jhih-Wei Jian, Keh-Sung Tsai, Chien-Jen Chen

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/26/34/5576.full
I found this website very interesting so I decided to join in.  
My question is, I was diagnosed with HBV in 2005 during my prenatal routine check.  I didn't have any clinical manifestation prior to my checking.  I have several blood tests after that including a liver function test and I was only told by the doctor that I'm a healthy carrier and the results were okay.  My current blood test shows the presence of an antigen responsible and with a healthy liver function test.  The question is with these results in your expertise perception could be it be possible to practice as a nurse in any health care organisation when I completed my studies.  Please, help?