Hepatitis B Community
help interpret my hbv lab result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help interpret my hbv lab result

the test result is
hep B surface antegen neg
hep b core AB, Total (IGG+IGM) positive       flag   A
hep B core IGM AB  neg
hep A IGM AB  neg
Hep C Antibody  neg

the heading is hep battery, Acute [IMML53]
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
can some one answer me
Blank
You don't have HBV.
Blank
i have been asked to see a hepatologist are they suspecting any problem with my liver from my test results?

my wife is hbv chronic. can I still get it from her by having sex or i am immune?
Blank
Am Iimmune to hep B considering my lab results?
Blank
the test requested are useless alone who ordered tests doesn t know hbv at all

check here:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

according to me you are immune but hbsab, hbvdna pcr and alt/ast are needed to tell 100%
Blank
Thanks for your prompt answer. I am to see a hepitologis is he going to do those test you talk abt? may be.

the headingof my lab results  is ' hep battery, Acute [IMML53] ' what does it mean?
What can you say about IGG positive and Igm positive i read somewhere that igg+ means you have cleard a previous hbv and igm + means you curently contracted hbv. I am confused.
My wife is chronic hbv but they say she is ok
Blank
my test bill  showed a charge for something which reads AQT Hep Panel. Does it mean they the other test you refer to?

On my referal letter they have written associated diagnoses    Hepatitis B    then this number  follow 070.30N what does it mean?
Blank
hep B surface antegen neg

when this is negative there is no hbv, only rare hbsag mutants exsist and in this case you will know by hbvdna pcr and alt

the lab use silly names just for them or for your conutry maybe, you have to aks them what they mean but since hbsag is negative chances you have hbv are very very very rare
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...