Hepatitis B Community
help me

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

help me

My test result (PCR)        N.D = not detectable

but my test (HBsAg)       reactive    54.02

what i doing to make it non reactive?????

Old tests:

My test result ( HBsAg test) in   11/11/2003  

HBsAg         326.01 S/N           REACTIVE

My test result ( HBsAg test) in   06/03/2005  

HBsAg         249.82 S/N           REACTIVE

What does that mean as I note that the figure declined even reached 59.02
please help me >>  What can I do to become a negative result
You have chronic HBV.  Chances are you will always have it.  You need to see a specialist or read the Welcome page at this site.  Its to the right and bottom of this page.
but I note that the figure declined even reached 59.02???????????????
Answer our question below and our comments will be more accurate and helpful to you:

What is your ethnicity, age, time of infection, all timed lab results, and all relevant information if any.
this post is from a lot of time ago but this is a good example, to explain latest studies from brunetto researcher in italy and maybe some other researchers around the world:
hbsag values can help predict seroconversion with interferon (also with nucs but more studies are needed) when lower than 320 S/N (1000-1500iu/ml, values that are usually for inactive carriers).
beso2 is clearing infection by hbsab antibody, if he has been so lucky hbsag reached even lower values and seroconverted by hbsab antibody, i think a good moment for alinia to help.

the only meds that lowers hbsag are interferon and alinia (off label), so if you are having a very low hbsag quantity with active disease it is better not to start any antiviral because they do not lower hbsag and maybe they can even increase it by viral mutations (i don't mean viral mutations that confers resistance) which can happen with antivirals

this is very important, for example i have low hbsag and have been started with etv, but maybe interferon was better for me since this low hbsag baseline

this hbsag quantification test was not performed by my first doctor and i think a lot of doctors don't check it before starting tx, this is very imprtant to choose tx because nucs have very low seroconversion rates while interferon about 30% in a couple of years and this low hbsag have very high probability to be in this 30%

forgot the most important thing of hbsag quantity, it is useful to check response of interferon or antivirals because hbsag reflects cccdna in the liver cells.

so once you have achieved hbvdna und it is very important to see hbsag quantity and of course when it gets lower it means cccdna is getting lower and tx is working

for hbe positive with hbvdna und during tx it is possible to check hbe quantity and hbs quantity to predict seroconversion to hbeab but you should check for research on this matter since no guidelines are issued for this and most docotors are not aware of this