hep. b carrier
hi..im a hep b reactive..i have consulted a physician about this and she had me undergo a liver ultrasound..and SGPT..the result was within normal range..my liver doesnt have any damage..my husband is currently working in saudi arabia and he wanted me to follow him..i need to undergo a medical exam and im sure the rsult will stilk be positive..is there anyway that i will become non reactive? wat medication should i take?..also is there a chance that i can follow my husband even f my result is still positive..i will just be under his visa anyways..will they consider?!..pls i need some advise..thanks and more power..
Hello and hope you are doing well.
HBsag positive means that you have hepatitis B.It can be an acute or a chronic infection. Most of the cases of hepatitis B almost 90-95% cure spontaneously and may not require treatment. Antiviral treatment may be required in those who might suffer from fulminant hepatitis, progressive liver disease and are immunocompromised. People who are chronically infected and have persistently elevated SGPT which is a marker of liver damage, and HBV DNA levels may need antiviral therapy. You will need additional tests to determine whether your infection is new or old, whether it is harmful or not and if you need treatment. Results of the tests are typically evaluated together. Consult a hepatologist.Regarding the visa the decision depends entirely on the visa department and their medical department .Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!