hep b concerning babies
If a child is born with hep b + mother can her baby inherit the said virus even the baby received imuno globulin i'm not sure whta's the right term for that vaccine given to infants not later than 12 hrs. after birth. can this vaccine prevent the baby from having hep b?many thanks in advance.
--Most of the time.
Hi cajim , thanks but  I'm kinda confuse with Most of the time - the baby will inherit? or the said vaccine can prevent the baby from having the said virus?
HBIG is different from the vaccine.  Ideally, the child should receive both the first of the series of three vaccine shots. The other two shots must be given on schedule before age 1.  The HBIG (Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin) is a separate shot.  The two shots should be given within 12 hours of delivery.

In over 90% of cases the child will NOT be infected.  There is emerging evidence that a high viral load and e-antigen positivity in the mother may be factors with a negative effect on the success of the treatment.  Some researchers are suggesting that mothers in this category begin taking antivirals in the third trimester to bring down viral load before delivery.
Hi zellyf thanks for the elaboration.
I want to underscore that I meant that 90% of the time the child will not be infected if the shots are administered as directed.  Without the shots the odds of the child being infected are over 90%.