hep b dormant
Years ago my Gma was diagnosed, then my mother, then aunt, another aunt and a now a few years later, me.  I am horrified.  Could it be a conincidence that all of us women find it later in life (30-55 years old).  Could it have laid dormant and shown up later.  Last blood donation was fine, now not.
ne can be a carrier for years...if you lived under the same roof, they should have been testing you. However...laying dormant, no, had you been tested the antibody should have shown up (although there are some false negatives, and false positives both.

You will need to consider treatment, oh, and years ago, before 92 they did not have tests for it....so perhaps they didn't test you then.

there is now a Hep B forum in Medhelp. this may help you with specific questions for the virus you have, as treatment and drugs vary from virus to virus.
sorry about your bad news, but at least hep B is treatable and 90% successful now.
maryB