Hepatitis B Community
hep b results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hep b results

I have just received my hep b blood results and i have tested negative for all except for surface antibodies where it was below 10 when i asked what this meant they said that it is as low as the machine reads.
Maybe one of you guys can shed some light on this.
My other question is how reliable is this test at 3 months post exposure,what percentage show positive at this time or do i have to wait 6 months for conclusive result and by the way it was done in the uk using a 4th generation test if that helps.
many thanks in advance.

you need a vaccine boost dose to make higher than 10, it is the immunity antibody so you already cleared hbv in the past or had vaccine at birth according to country and ur age

uk using a 4th generation test if that helps......

what names, they call lab blood machines like videogames consoles.....this test is pretty stupid and when you get the immunity antibody there is nothing else to test, you are immune, just make a booster dose of vaccine

the best machines are abbott architect or siemens.UK helathcare system is too crappy to have these machines so they use fancy names, germany, spain, france, holland, belgium use the new machines i said abve but again not needed for hbsab test

if you wanna be sure if it is a past infection of many years before just check hbcab igm and hbvdna pcr (hbv should always be tested with all markers for 100% security, not only hbsag and hbsab)
thanks for your reply and that explains why they wanted to know if i have ever had a hepatitis injection anyway i take it that it has to be above 10 to be immune so i will have to go back for test at 6 months is this correct

no you are already immune even at lower levels of hbsab in the case the antibody is from a past infection that you cleared.what's the number and unit?anything hgher than 4-5miu/ml should be ok, only a level like 0,05miu/ml would be a problem but i dont thin they have such sensitive assay

it is better to have a booster dose of hbv vaccine to make it higher so that you are fully protected.in any case healthy adults (not drug users or aids patients) clear hbv in 98% cases so cronicity is out of question

i do suggest full markers 1 week after vaccine shot so you will know everything:
hi stef2011
Thanks for all the info my level was 3.4-5.4 so they must of checked it a few times anyway i am going to have a course of injections according to nhs
how many do you think they will give me or do i just need a booster