Hepatitis B Community
hep b

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hep b

my relative took hepatitis vaccination 3 doses
1month apart. What
happened is ,he is tested positive for hbsag
recently.he took those 3
doses in 2k9 .he underwent endoscopy in 2k11
and colonoscopy 6mnths back .his wife tested negative in 2k9 before
vaccination.his wife and
children tested negative even now. I read a additional 12th mnth dosage must be taken which was not taken as he is not informed.my doc said that even such 3 dosage will also be sufficient in preventing the infection .is it true?could he get infection because he didnot get the get the 4th dose and subsequently frm endoscopy /colonoscopy...esp.endoscopy as the visting doctor of our hospital who earlier did endoscopy in the same set up prefered not to do endoscopy again stating that sterlizing sol. for cleaning the equipment not available and so may spread the infection to others?he is hbeag negative and hbv dna levels within range .the doctor said only follow up 6mnthly sufficient.
Hepatitis B vaccine usually consists of 3 doses, taken within 6 months at 0, 1, 6 month.
Of course, it is possible that a person may not respond to the vaccination and is still at risk of infection. That is why, it is important to test for HBsAb after vaccination to make sure the vaccination is successful.

Another possibility is that he was already infected before he received the vaccination.