Hepatitis B Community
hep

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hep

because of hepatitis b i have a hard time managing myself. Once i sleep i have difficult of awakening sometimes i become irresponsible of everything which causes misunderstanding. Some thought that i`m lazy which they never understand that i`m suffering from a serious disease. My mood swings are also affected. My mood changes from time to time which is really not understand by some person. I feel irritated sometimes i want to fight but i always feel weak and tired. i always suffer from mental confusion that`s why they always shout at me and said the word STUPID! They`d never understand what is my situation. Because they were selfish. Would somebody help, relate, and react on my situation? TNX.
Dear gyneboy,
You sound like you are suffering from anxiety and depression which are two very easy things to find yourself suffering from when you first find out you have HBV. Trust me when I say that you will improve with a bit of time and good care. I was diagnosed a year ago with acute HBV which I have since cleared but I was extremely upset and depressed for nearly 9 months. I did not get out of bed and cried all day long and considered my life to be over.

But once I began to look more and more into this virus and understand more about it, I became far more sensible. I came to undertsand that it was NOT the end of my world at all. In fact I looked upon it as a blessing that I had in fact been fortunate enough to find out that I actually had the virus as this meant I was gonna be able to look after it carefully. You see the care and treatment for HBV these days is really very wonderful. It's not like it was years ago when they really didn't have a clue what to do. So look at it this way:
1. You know you have the virus
2. This means you can now take good care of it and if you do this then it's unlikely you are going to get complications later on in life.

But you must attempt now to get your head straight about all of this. I know exactly what you are going thro'. I felt so very low. But you eventually have to make a decision NOT to allow it to eat you up. In fact I eventually started to get angry with the whole virus thing. I saw it as something that simply had no right butting in to my life and messing me up. I allowed it to waste a full 9 months of my life. And why??? I mean there was nothing I could do about it. It was there, thro' no fault of my own. But nonetheless it was now living in my body and I had no control about how long it was gonna be there for. All I could do was make sure I took good care of my liver. So I decided to do this. This was the most powerful ammunition I had to attempt to beat the wee blighter. I chose to eat healthily, stop alcohol, de-stress, laugh and enjoy my friends and family.

I also decided to tell nobody about what I had. Only my immediate family knew about it.

It is a very difficult thing to go thro'. But you will get better. I spent a lot of my time on this site reading all the postings from others going thro the same thing and it had a fantastic effect on me. I think this was becaause it made me realise that it is quite a common virus. It's not a seedy dirty thing. Some people still see HBV this way. They think that you have done summit to deserve getting this virus as in you have been living some sort of seedy lifestyle. But this is NOT TRUE. There are millions of people out there who have this virus.They may be born with it, pick it up at a dentist/hospital, get it from a graze or cut, or even a tattoo or piercing. Some know like you and I know. Others have no clue at all. You are the lucky one because you know about it. So make use of that knowledge and take care of your liver.

You are a normal human like the rest of us. You just have a virus that until the docs find a cure for, you are gonna have to keep an eye on and be careful with. Other than this get on with your young life. Enjoy yourself. After all its only alcohol and smoking that you have to really give up (if you indeed do these ) and that's no real loss is it???
Brit